$54 Million Trousers

$ 54 Million Trousers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Jun, 2007 - 2:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2007 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

$54 Million Trousers

$54 Million Trousers

The Case of the $54 Million Trousers

Could a pair of pants really be worth $54 million? A Washington, D.C., administrative judge named Roy Pearson is in court today, suing his dry cleaner for that amount for the "mental suffering, inconvenience and discomfort" caused by the loss of a favorite pair of pants. The owners of the store claim to have found the lost trousers -- but Pearson says they're the wrong ones. They've offered to compensate him well beyond their value, but he's declined their offer. ABC's senior Law and Justice correspondent Jim Avila reports.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2007 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Trousers Million

This is purely my opinion, but if I were the judge in this one, this guy wouldn't be happy. I would award him maybe as much as $1000 for the pants (not sure what type they were or if they were part of a suit...suit gets the $1000...no suit gets $200) and then charge him for the administrative and all legal cost that were associated with this frivolous lawsuit. Hopefully and knowing government and the judicial system, I am sure we could rack up over $1000 in court cost. Asking for that much money just threw this out of the court it should been in all along (small claims court) and forces the dry cleaners to actually go and get a lawyer to defend them. It is stuff like this that raise the price of insurance for vendors and sellers of goods that pass the increase on to the rest of the public.

Rather off topic, but...
This guy better have married his pants to ask for pain and emotional suffering of 53.999 million dollars! Maybe he and the snake marrying woman should talk?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2007 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

$54 Million Trousers History & Civil Business Politics

COURT RULES IN FAVOR OF WASHINGTON, D.C. DRY CLEANERS IN $54 MILLION LAWSUIT OVER A PAIR OF LOST PANTS

Not at your computer? Access this story or other breaking news using your cell phone or PDA. Just type m.abcnews.com in your mobile browser.
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com?CMP=EMC-1396

> TOPIC: $54 Million Trousers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,