James Van Praagh

James Van Praagh - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2008 - 9:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

James Van Praagh
25th Jun, 2007 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

James Van Praagh

James Van Praagh

What are your thoughts about James Van Praagh? He claims to have communications with the dead and often takes on cases involving high profile people.

James Van Praagh
James Van Praagh (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Praagh Van James

Name: Lisa

Comments: I have a communication going with the spirit world all the time. They are constantly giving me advice and telling me what will be happening in my life. I'm used to it. My feeling is "doesn't everyone know about this?!" I do my own research on the Universe and am into astrology. I have figured out how to determine when people will have a baby and whether it will be boy or girl. I do all this myself but don't know where to go with that and other information I know.

It's difficult to be in touch with the spirit world because it means you are in touch with the deepest part of your self and that can be difficult, but you seem to be such a spirit, one that is in your body but never lost contact with your true self.

I wanted to enter contest about the readings but can't figure it out.

29th May, 2008 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

James Van Praagh Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Uhhh... I'm going to go with the JVP topic. Good luck to Lisa though.

He's a charlatan just like John Edward and basically any other notable "medium" you care to name that is making the rounds in the public eye. Cold-reading, combined with pre-show interviews, three-hour shows edited into one hour to eliminate the "misses" and multiple-page post-show non-disclusure forms reveal all these people to be as fraudulent as the Spice Girls at a talent competition.

I believe there may be some cases of spontaneous "psychic" events, but I don't believe such things can be "harnessed" with any reliability or especially be performed on-command.

1st Jun, 2008 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Praagh Van James

Jpatt you sound like you had personal experience with James, did you have him try to contact dead people for you?

2nd Jun, 2008 - 9:15am / Post ID: #

Praagh Van James

No, but I have seen and read of so many "mediums" and psychics that use identical or similar techniques, including a few expose's where some of the audience members broke their non-disclosure agreements to set folks straight about these people. This is the worst kind of confidence man, the kind whose assertions cannot usually be directly proven false, as they are all abstract and involve matters of belief and the supernatural.

It's one thing if they're *just* entertaining, or are providing their services for free, to help provide closure - but that isn't the case with these people, they are exploiting innocent and hopeful people's loss and grief and denial in order to get rich and famous, and while this isn't new by any means, although they *could* make a living as admitted magicians and conjurers and such, they willfully mislead people and claim special contact with deceased relatives.

While *some* of these performers may actually believe themselves "gifted", I remain EXTREMELY skeptical of "mediums" who require people to sign reams of legal documents - shouldn't they instead be performing for scientists to prove the validity of their paranormal abilities, and becoming rich and famous by being the first proven and scientifically authentic medium in history?

> TOPIC: James Van Praagh

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,