Nobody Hell - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 12th Oct, 2007 - 1:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2007 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nobody Goes To Hell

Nobody Goes to Hell

Minister Labeled a Heretic

One Minister Challenges the Idea of Hell and Loses His Congregation.
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3362554&page=1

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2007 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Hell To Nobody

I do like the aspect of him teaching to learn to love and respect yourself. But to have a minister say there is no hell I think it is time he puts away the alter and goes to stand at the airport. I bet he thinks being gay is not against gods wishes the bible either.

16th Jul, 2007 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Nobody Goes To Hell Revealed Bible The

I have to admit that I laughed out loud when I read this, but really it's so serious, it shouldn't be funny at all. What made me laugh, was the fact that this Pastor actually thought that the whole packed out congregation would actually sit back and accept what he was saying without even challenging such notions.
Whether there is a hell or not, as far as I'm concerned isn't the issue here, but rather that he was preaching to a whole congregation that had an unshakable belief that there was a hell, and you can't really expect to just stand up one day and expect everyone to scrap their beliefs that they have built their lives upon, just because one man has decided that's what they should do.
Personally, I feel that people could get their answers from God through prayer, so in theory, they wouldn't just have to accept what the Pastor was saying...or maybe that's just what they did do...

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2007 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Nobody Goes To Hell
A Friend

Hell To Nobody

God never promised an ever lasting life in heaven for a good person nor an ever lasting damnation in hell for a bad one. Jesus was the one who promised all those unimaginable things. If you want to know the truth about God's Words, I recommend that you should read the book "The Ten Commandments Are For God's Beloved Children!" which is the most honest and objective book about God and about religion I have ever read. That book has changed my life forever. If you really love God and seriously want to be closer to Him, that book could change your life too!

Reconcile Edited: Allison on 20th Sep, 2007 - 3:39pm

20th Sep, 2007 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Hell To Nobody

Allison...
Your name was different yesterday. YOu must really love or have written that book. Did you hear there is an 11th Commandment? Thall Shalt Not Spam!

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2007 - 7:00am / Post ID: #

Nobody Goes To Hell
A Friend

Nobody Goes To Hell

Did anybody ever stop to think that maybe-just maybe, he was telling the truth? why is it that when a priest stands up in front of his congregation preaching these ridiculously far-fetched stories as truths from a book that has been concretely proven to be nothing more than a "guideline" to how we should live and treat ourselves as well as others, it is belived to be fact, but when the same man stands up in front of the same congregation and says there is no hell people are offended and taken aback by this "apalling" yet thoroughly true statement.

I am not trying to offend anybody here, but remember this-99.9% of all christians believe the world is only 5,000 years old, ok, I can live with that (as false as it is), but when you try telling me that man and the dinosaurs co-existed that's when I walk out of the room in a fury.

Imagine watching the flintstones as if it were a documentary.

I am not religious by any means, nor am I completely against religion. I just think people should stop and take the time to actually use the electrical impulses in their brain known as "cognitive thoughts" and question the things that are around them and being force-fed. besides, wouldn't a priest know better than any of us about such issues as "is there a heaven and hell?"

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Oct, 2007 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Nobody To Hell

mydyingheart:

Did anybody ever stop to think that maybe-just maybe, he was telling the truth?

Since we are in the Bible Revealed board, please quote some Bible references that state there is not such a thing as "Hell".

why is it that when a priest stands up in front of his congregation preaching these ridiculously far-fetched stories as truths from a book that has been concretely proven to be nothing more than a "guideline" to how we should live and treat ourselves as well as others, it is belived to be fact, but when the same man stands up in front of the same congregation and says there is no hell people are offended and taken aback by this "apalling" yet thoroughly true statement.

First of all, you forgot to add "In your opinion". For a lot of people the Bible is the Word of God and for you to come and say they are ridiculously far-fetched stories is insulting. Please keep this in mind next time and read the thread the Art of Discussion.

If the same Priest is preaching every day from the Bible who clearly states the existence of Hell, how can he then go and say there is not such a thing as Hell? He is preaching his own doctrine.

but when you try telling me that man and the dinosaurs co-existed that's when I walk out of the room in a fury.

Not all Christians believe in this, nevertheless we may have a thread that deals with this issue.

I just think people should stop and take the time to actually use the electrical impulses in their brain known as "cognitive thoughts" and question the things that are around them and being force-fed.

What makes you think people don't think for themselves? Are you suggesting all Religious people are brainwashed? There is a big amount of people who are Religious who study, ponder, pray for answers and even challenge some of the views they have been taught for years.

wouldn't a priest know better than any of us about such issues as "is there a heaven and hell?

Do you believe Priests are infallible? I do not, as with any other Religious leader. Therefore, I do not think that just because he is a Priest he is somehow "higher" in Spirituality than a regular folk, neither I think that because of his position he is entitled to some sort of mantle over him which will make him perfect and free from mistakes. He clearly based on his own beliefs, committed a mistake by saying there is not such a thing as Hell. NOT because I said so, but because the book HE believes to be true, states it.

12th Oct, 2007 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Nobody To Hell The Bible Revealed

mydyingheart

Did anybody ever stop to think that maybe-just maybe, he was telling the truth? why is it that when a priest stands up in front of his congregation preaching these ridiculously far-fetched stories as truths from a book that has been concretely proven to be nothing more than a "guideline" to how we should live and treat ourselves as well as others, it is belived to be fact, but when the same man stands up in front of the same congregation and says there is no hell people are offended and taken aback by this "apalling" yet thoroughly true statement.

I would be very interested in seeing the articles that you read to make this claim. I have never read any document that claimed the bible is only a "guideline". I have heard many state that is how they view it though, which is fine with me.

You state the the claim there is no hell is a thoroughly true statement. may I ask on what is that based? Love to read the book or what articles you amy have on this.

I think LDS has a great point this man is suppose to believe that the bible is God's written word and yet he is claiming there is no hell. How can he believe only the parts of the bibles that make one feel good and ignore the rest?

Just curious since, you seem very convicted in your opinion on the issue.

I will have to look it up but I do recall reading about carbon dating and that it may be severely flawed in the time estimates. Also keep in mind animals were on the earth before man it says so in genesis assuming you have ever taken the time to read it.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 12th Oct, 2007 - 2:19pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Nobody Goes To Hell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,