Teen Dies In Dentist Chair

Teen Dies Dentist Chair - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Jul, 2007 - 2:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

While Wisdom Teeth Removed
14th Jul, 2007 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Teen Dies In Dentist Chair

This is so unfortunate. It was a routine check-up, it seems to be connected with the anesthesia but will that cause him to struggle for air?

In a rare, but tragic incident, a Waterloo, Ontario teen died July 4 during a routine trip to the dentist for the removal of three wisdom teeth, according to an article on the Canada-based Web site, TheRecord.com.

Leejay Levene went to a Waterloo dental surgeon last week, sat back in the dentist's chair and slipped under a general anesthetic.

But soon, the anesthesiologist noticed something was wrong: Levene began struggling for air. A call went out to 911 as the anesthesiologist tried to resuscitate him.

Paramedics and, later, doctors at Grand River Hospital tried everything, but by the next day, the 18-year-old was dead.

Now, the Waterloo Region coroner, assisted by regional police, is trying to determine what happened to the teen, who was by all appearances healthy, and was undergoing a simple dental procedure routinely performed on patients his age.

"This is such an anomaly," Irwin Fefergrad, the registrar for the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, told the Register.com.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jul, 2007 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Chair Dentist Dies Teen

This whole situation is very disturbing on so many levels. I am extremely sensitive and if a dentist uses too much local anaesthetic on me, I usually break out into hives! Maybe the anaesthesiologist used the incorrect amount of general anaesthethic on the teenager! It would be interesting to follow up on this case. I wonder what the autopsy would reveal?

"This is such an anomaly," Irwin Fefergrad, the registrar for the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, told the Register.com.

When a tragedy occurs concerning the death of a healthy human being, I think it would be prudent not to comment on it, without knowing all the facts. I regard the above comment as extremely offensive to the parents of the deceased!

> TOPIC: Teen Dies In Dentist Chair

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,