Miniature Cows

Miniature Cows - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Mar, 2008 - 1:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th Jul, 2007 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Miniature Cows

Miniature Cows

I watching a show where this guy in the US is raising Miniature Cows the size of medium sized dogs so more people can keep them both as pets and as a means for milk. I think it is a great idea, and he even suggests that every person can own one and it will cut the costs of meat / milk. What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2007 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Cows Miniature

Interesting concept be great for people out of town who are looking for a cleaner meat supply. In town one is not allowed to keep live stock.

Be awful rough on the hardwood floors though! laugh.gif

Be interesting to get stats on how much they eat and actually produce for meat. Milk would be plenty I am sure after all one goat can supply an fair bit.

I would have a great garden from the by product also. This I admit does appeal to me.

Here is a link to pet mini cows.

https://www.toycattle.com/toycattle/default.html

For the meat eaters

https://www.hatchfarms.cwhatch.com/pages/minicowsphotos

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 16th Jul, 2007 - 2:43pm

16th Jul, 2007 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Miniature Cows UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I do not think they were meant to be indoors, and you could not do that anyways since they eat a constant supply of grass. Everything really is the same as a typical farm, the only difference is the space and care involved is not as overwhelming as it is for the typical sized cattle.

16th Jul, 2007 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Cows Miniature

I think if one was looking for good meat you could do well get one mini steer and one pig a few chicken you would have it made and could pull it off with less than 20 acres. Possible as low as 5. You would be buying all the feed though.

16th Jul, 2007 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Cows Miniature

I dare say that you could do this with ONE acre (not including pig / chickens). You have to see the actual size of this animal - she is pretty close to the size of a medium sized dog. Is an acre good enough for a dog?

There is one drawback to this... such small livestock could be easily stolen as one average cattle carrier that would normally hold one cow can hold eleven of the miniature ones.

17th Jul, 2007 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Miniature Cows

Yes very easy to steal. I was thinking more that one would need enough land for grazing and I have a feeling you really do not wish to have it be too close to your living quarters as they I am sure they drop whee they stand and I would not desire to have to clean up 3 times a day. Plus still need a small shed and that will result in a compost pile full of flies. One acre is pretty small with 5 you could at least get some distance there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2008 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Miniature Cows
A Friend

Miniature Cows

I am wondering if a town would relax the rules enough to have a pet mini cow. There is a place that raises them about one and a half hours from me. My wife wants to have a pet cow. I keep telling her livestock are not allowed in city limits. biggrin.gif

17th Mar, 2008 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Miniature Cows Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Not sure how small the cow would have to get for that to work. I am thinking most places allow pigs as pets.

How much trouble I could get into a new pet mini cow every year laugh.gif.

> TOPIC: Miniature Cows

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,