Give Me Your Tired

Give Tired - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Aug, 2007 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Jul, 2007 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Give Me Your Tired

I accidently posted this twice. I do not know how to remove.

Found on the bottom of the Statue of Liberty
Emma Lazurus, 1883

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breath free.
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Is this saying that we should allow all who would like enter a country without question, without restraint?

I believe the last line has the answer.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 23rd Jul, 2007 - 8:41pm

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2007 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Tired Your Give

Interesting... who placed that quote there... the French or the US? That should determine the intention.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Aug, 2007 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Give Me Your Tired History & Civil Business Politics

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

My point is that there has to be a Door to a country. The country has every right to determine who it will let in or not.

I believe the United States has a pretty liberal doorway compared to the rest of the World.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

24th Aug, 2007 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Tired Your Give

QUOTE (Dbackers)
I believe the United States has a pretty liberal doorway compared to the rest of the World.

As compared to which part of the 'rest of the world', certainly not Argentina?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Aug, 2007 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Tired Your Give

Argentina, I understand has a pretty liberal immigration policy also.

But compared to Mexico, Russia, China, all of the middle East, israel and the rest of Europe (with exceptions), and Africa, the United States is indeed liberal.

25th Aug, 2007 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Give Me Your Tired

QUOTE (dbackers @ 24-Aug 07, 7:13 PM)

Are you kidding? undecided.gif Maybe for those who enter illegally in the country and then get an amnesty but certainly not for those who want to establish themselves legally in the country. Full of red-tape and barriers that does not make it (in my view) a liberal doorway.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Give Me Your Tired

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,