Notebook Coolers

Notebook Coolers - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 26th Sep, 2007 - 8:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th Sep, 2007 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Notebook Coolers

Notebook Coolers

I just bought a Notebook Cooler for my laptop. It has four fans and can operate using USB or DC adapter. I am looking at Speedfan's indicator of temperature rating and I do not see much difference. The Notebook Cooler's fan are very silent and blow at around 2000 rpms which is not much. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
26th Sep, 2007 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Coolers Notebook

I guess to answer this question we would have to know how much heat can the cpu dissipate in btu per second, as your fan now blows at about 100 cfm.

I am searching to come up with heat obsorption per minute and the amount of heat the processor can actually release. I question if the fan that cam with the laptop was able to deliver enough air flow to remove the heat that is being emitted and by increasing the airflow you really have not done much. That it si say the cpu surface are is emitting the heat at the same rate as what the original fan was able to disperse.

You may have to look at some how blowing cooler air into the laptop on humid days like today to further reduce the cpu temp. IE a bowl of ice by the fan.

I am still looking but have found no article saying that these fans actually help. Just people saying the increased air flow should do it.

I also need to know does the extra cooling fans blow through the original fan? If so you might be losing you head pressure and the original fan may have to be removed to allow the increased air flow.

Interesting experiment they had good results cooling the casing! (that is if I really understood what they did.)

https://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MAG/vol34-1/paper11.pdf

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 26th Sep, 2007 - 6:06pm

26th Sep, 2007 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Notebook Coolers Gaming Video & Issues Computer

QUOTE (Krakyn)
I also need to know does the extra cooling fans blow through the original fan?

Yes, and from the way it is designed it pushes a little bit of cool air through its vents and the laptop fan takes it in from the bottom and funnels it out the left side of the laptop.

UPDATE: Just looking at the box it seems that this pulls air from the laptop and disburses it through the sides. Here is the link for it:
https://www.evercool.com.tw/products/np-101.htm

26th Sep, 2007 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Coolers Notebook

OK so it is actually cooling the casing on the bottom same as some other I have seen today. From what I have read most see no change in temperature in idle wich seems to be 50 to 60 F. These items seem to cool during hard play, they used a heavy graphics game. Temp 68 to 73F dropped to 58 to 63 F.

Also does your internal fan on the laptop run all the time if not you might want to find out how to over ride the present setting if at all possible.

Still think the real solution is to get cooler air over the actual chip. I read were many actual opened their lab tops and cut more vent holes near the processor that seemed to drop 5 F. Good by warranty.

Many of the cooling fans run around 60 cfm with rpms around 1200. Rpm is really not important but the cfm is. More air should be better.

26th Sep, 2007 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Coolers Notebook

So the cooler is only good if you are basically trying to melt the metal on your laptop. I was actually thinking of taking it back, but I do not know, I feel any heat disbursement is good in the long run since I am using my laptop all the time.

26th Sep, 2007 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Notebook Coolers

Sorry I had lost the site I got the test from but here it is.

https://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6367

No I think cooling the casing is great Idea as it really acts a an additional heat sink for the cpu. From what I seen on the weather network you are getting storms right now. The additional humidity might be messing things up a bit.

I am just looking for a way to get colder air into the laptop jacket to further reduce the cpu temp. This new machine might just run hotter different position of board in air flow more or less air movement in case are all factors.

The water jacket is still the best I have seen as that allows more cooling, the idea of liquid/gel in my computer has never been a favorite idea to me though.

Holy mackeral! I was worried about a water jacket check out this cooling method!

https://www.slashnot.com/articles/609/

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 26th Sep, 2007 - 7:15pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Sep, 2007 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Notebook Coolers

Too funny:

To cope with the problem, Apple support has developed a remedial method for cooling the computers during use. End users are now advised to simply pour water onto the laptops on a regular basis to cool them. The circuitry runs so hot internally that the water immediately superheats, making it non-conductive and therefore safe for electronics. As with any super-heating steam source, users should ensure that they are a safe distance from the laptop during steam cooling operations.

What is more is someone posting a comment asking if it is true.

The gel and other cooling systems is located below as this Thread is mostly about Notebook Coolers.

* Harddrive Fan

* Computer Fan Direction

* CPU Temperature

* Desktop Cooling Techniques

> TOPIC: Notebook Coolers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,