Holy Ghost: Male Or Female?

Holy Ghost Male Female - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 10:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost: Male or Female?

Since the Bible does not explicitly say, is the Holy Ghost: Male or Female?

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2007 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Female Male Ghost Holy

My religious beliefs say that 'he' is male. However, there is nothing really in the Bible for which to support that so I digress there.

25th Aug, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost: Male Or Female? Revealed Bible The

Perhaps the nakedness of one mental sphere may determine the gender of the ghost!

27th Aug, 2007 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Female Male Ghost Holy

I don't think there's any evidence either way, but seeing that leaders/elders in the Bible re of the male gender, I tend to sway this way in my belief that the Holy Ghost would be male too, but that's just my own thoughts and not backed up by concrete evidence.

28th Aug, 2007 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Female Male Ghost Holy

Unlike English most languages have Feminine words and Masculine words (Spanish, Greek, Hebrew)
From God and Gender in Wikipedia.(References found in article.

The New Testament also refers to the Holy Spirit as masculine (in the Gospel of John 14-16).[3] John reports Jesus refering to the Holy Spirit as Comforter (masculine in Greek), and uses grammatically necessary masculine forms of the Greek pronoun autos.[4] Grammatical gender, on its own, says nothing about natural gender. However, when John reports Jesus speaking of the Holy Spirit as Spirit, grammatically neuter in Greek,[5] he uses the masculine form of the demonstrative pronoun ekeinos ("that male one").[6] This breaking of the grammatical agreement, expected by native language readers, is a clear indication of the authorial intention to unambiguously convey the personhood of the Holy Spirit, and also his masculinity.[7] These texts were particularly significant when Christians were debating whether the New Testament teaches that the Holy Spirit is a full divine person, or just a "force". All major English Bible translations have retained the masculine pronoun for the Spirit.

One could base their view on the masculinity of The Holy Ghost on the original greek of the new testament.

I base my own views on personal feelings that God Should be a Man.

30th Aug, 2007 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

The BiBle explicitely says "there is no male or female" so there you have it.
It has been spoken!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2009 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost Male Female

Name: Terry

Comments: However, as opposed to the Greek, the Old Testament/Torah uses mostly feminine nouns:
`ormah = wisdom (f) (See Strong's Hebrew 6195)
Chokmah = Wisdom (f) (Strong's H 2449, 2450, 2451, 2452, 2454)
Tuwshiyah = Wisdom (f) (Strongs H 8454)
nesh-aw-maw' = breath, spirit (f) (Strong H 5397)
Nichowach = comforter (m) (Strongs H 5207)

Then there is Shekhinah, Divine Presence or In-dwelling, which is not in Strongs as it is not in the Christian Bible or the Torah, but comes from 1st Century Rabbinical sources.

Source 1: Strongs Exhaustive Concordance
Source 2: Source 1

23rd Apr, 2009 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost Male Female The Bible Revealed

Why should the Holy Ghost have a specific gender? Spirits are specific to being male or female? That would suggest that soirits can reproduce.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Holy Ghost: Male Or Female?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,