Holy Ghost: Male Or Female? - Page 2 of 2

Name: TrueChristian Country: Comments: The - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 31st Aug, 2010 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2009 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost: Male Or Female? - Page 2

Name: Leonardo

Comments: Genesis 1:26 -

And God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

God said lets make man in OUR image. From the man came the man with a womb (woman) as a help meet. Woman are here as a help to men. The key word is make in OUR image. If the Godhead is male (Father), Jesus is male (Son), the Holy Spirit would have be female. We are conditioned to think that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit are all male, but how can that be if according to Gen:1:26 male AND female was made in OUR image?

Source 1: King James Bible

Sponsored Links:
24th Aug, 2009 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Female Male Ghost Holy

Why should the Holy Ghost have a specific gender? Spirits are specific to being male or female? That would suggest that soirits can reproduce.

Do you believe that our spirits are Male or Female, or are we Gender Neutral in the hereafter. I Believe and hope that I am still a man after I die, and feel that if we are created in God's image, then it would seem obvious to believe that God also has gender.

Rather off topic, but...

but how can that be if according to Gen:1:26 male AND female was made in OUR image?

An interesting question, but one that connotes that there is more then one God, and that there are God's Male and Female, both premises in opposition to current Christian Dogma.

24th Aug, 2009 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost: Male Or Female? Revealed Bible The

Sin is said to be a king, and wisdom is said to bear children in the Holy Scriptures.
Even though the holy spirit is sometimes personified for the most part it usage is gender neutral.

Catholic New American Bible admits regarding John 14:17: "The Greek word for "Spirit" is neuter and while we use personal pronouns in English ("he," "his," "him"), most Greek MSS [manuscripts] employ "it.""

Catholic theologian Fortman: "The Jews never regarded the spirit as a person; nor is there any solid evidence that any Old Testament writer held this view. . . . The Holy Spirit is usually presented in the Synoptics [Gospels] and in Acts as a divine force or power."

25th Aug, 2009 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Female Male Ghost Holy

The Holy Spirit is usually presented in the Synoptics [Gospels] and in Acts as a divine force or power."

I believe that "The Holy Spirit" is indeed a divine force, or power, but personified in a member of the God head. A personage can also be considered a divine force and have power and I see no contradiction in this case of him (or her) being described that way.

If God has a Gender, including the Holy Spirit, I cannot foresee him being anything but male. My belief in a male God does not affect his Gender one way or the other, as he or she is what he or she is and how I believe has no affect on reality.

I am curious to find out someday.

13th Jul, 2010 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Female Male Ghost Holy

When I think about the Holy Ghost I think of "male", however there is a possibility that it really has no gender and our thoughts are mainly coming from church "culture".

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2010 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Holy Ghost: Male Or Female?

Name: TrueChristian

Comments: The Holy Ghost is male. Jesus spoke of the Holy Ghost being male in gender references as "him & he" as shown in the Bible (KJV) as shown below. If you get into debates of linguistic differences because it Greek or Hebrew, then you have made the word of God as false because of the use of these differences to deny what the scriptures clearly say.

international QUOTE
"It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." (John 16:7)

"...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you."
(John 16:13-14)

Source 1: King James Bible

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Holy Ghost: Male Or Female?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,