Is It Okay To Think Bad Things?

Is Bad Things - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Jul, 2007 - 8:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2006 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Is It Okay To Think Bad Things like beating up someone that makes fun of me?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2006 - 6:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Things Bad To Okay Is

Thoughts and feelings are not wrong. You cannot commit a crime through your thoughts or feelings. It becomes wrong when you make the decision to do that wrong deed. To many people "beat themselves up" (no pun intended) because of mere thoughts. I don't believe that a wrong is committed simply due to thought because often enough we cannot control the first or second thought that pops in our heads.

21st Jun, 2006 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Is It Okay To Think Bad Things? Health & Special Psychology

It is a natural feeling to have bad thoughts at some point of another, I think the issue is not abide on them. Actions come from thoughts, they do not come by themselves, therefore, if you abide too long in something you would end up doing it.

26th Apr, 2007 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Things Bad To Okay Is

I think it all depends on what kind of bad thoughts you are having. I am a bit old fashioned but I believe thinking about "beating up someone" for making fun of me is a bit violent. I prefer to entertain naughty but humorous thoughts. For instance, if someone insulted me, I would always imagine that person walking down the sidewalk and a car speeding by, would pass over a pothole full of water and naturally, the person would get soaked from head to toe. Now that is a bad thought but pretty funny if you ask me!

26th Apr, 2007 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Things Bad To Okay Is

It better not be or I am in a whole lot of trouble. The mind truly is a fertile playground!

11th Jun, 2007 - 9:42am / Post ID: #

My initial reaction to this question was, "Hell, yeah!"

I could have thought, "Good heavens, yes", but I didn't.

Do you see the correlation here? Hell = bad, Heaven = good.

So, I had a bad thought. Pfffft!

Okay, so that's a little simplistic, and I understand what you mean about "bad" thoughts... thoughts about hurting people, thoughts about morally questionable actions, thoughts about being of an evil disposition.

The thing about being Human is that we have a brain. Part of this brain gifts us with the power to have emotions. Not all emotions are good ones, though many emotions that are considered to be bad ultimately have a good purpose. Better to think something bad than to do something bad.

The brain also gives us another gift... the gift of imagination. The power to dream, to fantasize, to divorce us from reality. Ever read a book or watched a movie, and placed yourself as the lead character? What would you do in those situations? What would you do if you were that character, and what if you were "completely" that character, with his/ her mind?

I'm an accomplished assassin, or a skillful cat-burglar. I'm a dominatrix, or a despot ruler over a whole country. Etc, etc...

I'm none of those things, but I can fantasize. Does this make me bad? I don't think so.

But what about simpler things... things that have real meaning to your lives? Things like, I'm a hit-and-run driver, I'm a drug addict who just held up a convenience store, I'm the person who just trampled over someone else to get to the front of the queue. What if you thought about killing someone who hurt you?

If I thought these things, would that make me bad?

I can only answer these questions for myself, and my answers are arrived at through my own personal morals and ethics.

The bottom line is, we all know the difference between good and bad, right and wrong. How we act holds more relevance to conscious Life than how we think.

Thinking is about the only thing left that is free, and it is sacrosanct to being Human. Nobody can take that away from you, and nobody should be able to command what you think.

That's what I think, anyway!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jun, 2007 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Is Okay To Bad Things

Having bad thoughts definitely makes you human with normal emotions. I think the big thing to keep in mind is not to dwell on these thoughts but realize them for what they are and them dismiss them immediately. If one dwells on the thought you can actually convince yourself that they are really not that bad and it just escalates to the point of taking action.

Man dwells in his mind on neighbors wife no harm but then he dwells longer and begins a plan how to make a relation with her. At fist the plan is awe no way it would work but the mind will keep working on it honing the plan. Now the plan is feasible though he may not take action immediately. later on an opportunity presents its self and most likely he will then take action. Does not matter the crime it works the same way every time.

So I say guard your thoughts but do not beat your self up for having them just push them out and move on.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2007 - 8:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Okay To Bad Things Psychology Special & Health

Thoughts are natural and spontaneous activities. The issues of good and bad thoughts are subjective ones. generally, I believe that even bad thoughts are "good" thoughts.

When we act out those thoughts and make them realities, then we must also become fully accountable and responsible for our actions.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Is It Okay To Think Bad Things?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,