Do Not Let Anything Replace Monday Night Family Home Evening

- Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Jul, 2009 - 4:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2009 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine / Teachings

"Concerning family home evening, [President Hinckley] said, ?Keep Monday night sacred for family home evening? (Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, June 21, 2003, 23).?Our children, just like their parents, have time demands on them in every aspect of their lives. They have activities involving church and school and friends. Many of our children are attending schools where they are the minority. Frequently the schools schedule events on Monday evenings?activities like sports, rehearsals or practices, choirs, and other events. We need to keep Monday nights free of other commitments so that we can have our family home evenings. No other activity is more important for our family." -- Claudio R. M. Costa, Priesthood Responsibilities,? Ensign, May 2009, 56

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2009 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Evening Home Family Night Monday Replace Let Do

Is it a policy or something that says that *must* be on Mondays? My family held family home evening on Fridays.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

13th Jul, 2009 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Do Not Let Anything Replace Monday Night Family Home Evening Studies Doctrine Mormon

I believe this is not official policy, and I think it is something that is left to the individual Families to decide.

My work requires that I do Payroll on Mondays so that everyone will be paid. It sometimes gets me home at 9:00 to 10:00 PM at nights.

We hold ours on Sunday night, ensuring that we follow the spirit of the law, if not the letter.

17th Jul, 2009 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

My family and I try to follow the exact counsel so we have family home evenings on mondays. It's truly a nice time to spend with family.

17th Jul, 2009 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

I think that the counsel is that if everyone has it on Mondays then everyone else knows when not to disturb you or plan activities.

> TOPIC: Do Not Let Anything Replace Monday Night Family Home Evening

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,