Woman Has Pencil Removed From Head

Woman Pencil Removed Head - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Aug, 2007 - 7:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Aug, 2007 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Can you imagine living most of your life with headaches and nosebleeds because you have a pencil inside your head since you are 4 years old? This woman is now 59 years old.

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A 59-year-old German woman has had most of a pencil removed from inside her head after suffering nearly her whole life with the headaches and nosebleeds it caused, Bild newspaper reported on Monday.

Margret Wegner fell over carrying the pencil in her hand when she was four.

"The pencil went right through my skin -- and disappeared into my head," Wegner told the newspaper.

It narrowly missed vital parts of her brain. At the time no one dared operate, but now technology has improved sufficiently for doctors to be able to remove it.

The majority of the pencil, some 8 cm (3.1 inches) long, was taken out in an operation at a private Berlin clinic, but the 2 cm tip had grown in so firmly that it was impossible to remove.

Sponsored Links:
9th Aug, 2007 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Head Removed Pencil Woman

Hard to fathom indeed. I think it is great though that she was able to get most of it removed now. I am sure the pain she was in was very detrimental to her ability to work and live in peace with those near and dear to her.

What a reminder though for safety first.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Woman Has Pencil Removed From Head Health & Special Psychology

I agree. I feel sorry for this woman that she had to live almost her whole life in pain before most of the pencil was removed, and not all of it was removed. sad.gif I hope that doesn't happen to my son (if I had one). I will be extra careful.

Reconcile Edited: Touchstone on 9th Aug, 2007 - 7:41pm

> TOPIC: Woman Has Pencil Removed From Head

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,