Is Life Good?

Is Life Good - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Is Life Good?

Is Life Good?

"Yes, my beloved brothers and sisters, life is good if we live in such a way to make it so. Believing, desiring, deciding, and choosing correctly are the simple actions that define an increase in happiness and an increase in the inner assurance that transcends this life."
(Benjamín De Hoyos, "True Happiness: A Conscious Decision," Nov. 2005, 32)

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2007 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Good Life Is

Oh yes, life is good. If we constantly focus on the negative aspects we will be miserable people but there are so many things to be grateful for and every day life, little decisions we make here and there is what will make our lives truly happy or miserable.

16th Oct, 2007 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Is Life Good? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Is life good?

Life is the only way that we can achieve happiness. Yet at times our limited perspective causes us to question life's value. I know by personal experience that the darkness of mortality can obstruct our view of eternity.

But I realize that the calming influence of the Spirit can penetrate the Fog that we all go through. In fact, the spirit brings an unexplainable happiness that can lift us above the muck that the world offers. I guess it comes to a choice. We must choose to make life good, or life will ultimately make the choice for us. Do we really want to risk that?

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2007 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Is Life Good?
A Friend

Good Life Is

Yes!

One of the great things about life, for me, is experiencing the elements. Sitting around a camp fire, feeling the chill of the night and listening to the wind rustle the leaves of the trees - what a wonderful experience! I LOVE driving in my vehicle with the windows down, letting the wind whip through and mess up my hair. I love the smell before it rains, while it's raining, after it rains. I like the crisp cold during the winter, and the feeling of falling into a pile of leaves in the fall. And Spring! Spring is my favorite. When cold turns cool and then warm and everything blooms. Thankfully I don't have allergies.

There is so much beauty around us - don't miss the twinkle in a child's eye or the genuine smile of the elderly at the grocery market. No question about it in my eyes, life is good!

17th Oct, 2007 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Good Life Is

Laine - you put that so sweetly! Yes, life IS good, and we thank God every day for that blessing. Even the hard times, even the sorrow and pain we experience, helps us to savor the sweet moments more.

I've heard so many people say that "life is pain." Well, in my opinion, life *HAS* pain, but God intended us to find joy and happiness here, and it's all around us if we'll just see it.

> TOPIC: Is Life Good?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,