When Is A Nightmare No Longer A Nightmare?

When Nightmare Longer Nightmare - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 13th Aug, 2007 - 7:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2006 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Something that may be a Nightmare for others is not for me, so when is not a Nightmare?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nightmare Longer Nightmare Is When

I would guess that this question really boils down to what defines a nightmare. A nightmare for me may not be one for you. So it really comes down even further to what particularly are you afraid of? Your fears do make my nightmares, they make yours. So ultimately your fears, inner or outer fears, will be contained in your nightmares. Some aspect of every nightmare is some part of your fears.

A nightmare is no longer a nightmare when your fear of the subject fades or just completely disappears. A nightmare loses its power over you when it ceases to cause the fear that makes it a nightmare and then the dream usually stops. Over coming your fear is one way to stop a nightmare.

If I have a dream about spiders, it will be a nightmare because I am deathly afraid of jumping spiders that eat people. (no seriously, they are out their, read the encyclopedia!) But if you have absolutely no fear of spiders, then your mind will not create something that you will be afraid of because it can't. You cannot make yourself be afraid of something that doesn't spark fear in you. Something must create the fear first.

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

When Is A Nightmare No Longer A Nightmare? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

This is nothing new. As konquererz said, your nightmare may be one of my good dreams.

My nightmare may be confronting a crocodile while that may be a very normal dream for a crocodile hunter! (You get my point... smile.gif) So, if you fear something, that is definitely going to feature in the list of nightmares you are going to have in the near future.

I had this fear of heights for a long time, so I used to have this dream quite regularly. I used to dream that I was standing on top of a huge dam and I slip and I fall. It was a recurring dream and I distinctly remember that it stopped the day I went to see a large waterfall. I was on the mountain top and I didn't fall that day, so the fear was gone.

So, if something scares, be prepared to see it in your dreams too.

> TOPIC: When Is A Nightmare No Longer A Nightmare?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,