The Book Of Jeraneck

The Book Jeraneck - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2012 - 10:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2007 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

The Book Of Jeraneck
A Friend

The Book Of Jeraneck

What? Restored again? Even more Scripture?
Matthew Philip Gill makes some pretty bold moves as he claims to restore the church once more organizing the England based "The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ" in May of 2007. He claims to be visited by an angel and commanded to translate another record in addition to the Book of Mormon. He calls it the Book of Jeraneck.
He said the following about it:

My wish is that all those that now ridicule this book and its message and who slate it will one day remember who they are and what God promised in the Doctrine and Covenants is now coming forth that he would indeed give his people more records of the children of God that testify that he is the one true Lord of us all. I ask that you read the Book for yourselves and put to the test what Jeraneck asks near the end of the book, read it with an open mind not a closed one. Christ can not enter a closed door we must be willing to let him in.

The church believes that Gill is the next prophet since after Joseph Smith's death in 1844, having been called like Joseph Smith was.

While most of us are probably decided (me included) that it is one more of many apostate groups, this makes a challenging discussion because a lot of what we could say about them would be the same as what people would say about us and our church. It illustrates how non-LDS people view of our own church; which is why I created this topic.

What are our thoughts and observations?
(No rude/ignorant comments please)

Some sites to look at:
Their Blog Site
Read their Book of Jeraneck
What Wikipedia has about them

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

The Book Of Jeraneck
A Friend

Jeraneck Book The

The blog looks amateurish. In my quick reading of the book (not all, but the beginning), it looks very ... fake. Just doesn't read well. Reading this book gave me great appreciation for the Book of Mormon, because if Joseph Smith faked that book than he's a genius (compared to this one).

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2010 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

The Book Of Jeraneck Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Guest

Comments: Has anybody heard of The Book of Jeraneck?
It is supposed to be the history of The Jaredites, and how they got to America.
Any comments?

3rd Jul, 2012 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Jeraneck Book The

Yes, I heard of it but wasn't moved to the point of further research. If the church declared something about it maybe I will leave my regular Book of Mormon studies for it but its all too speculative.

> TOPIC: The Book Of Jeraneck

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,