Advertising Brands In Church

Advertising Brands Church - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Sep, 2007 - 10:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th May, 2007 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

What do you think about Advertising Brands In Church? For instance a Member while teaching may say I always buy brand 'x' rather than 'y', or they may use a product as an example, but instead of saying the actual item they focus n the brand. An example of this would be: "Too much Hershey's chocolate is not good for you" as opposed to "Too much chocolate is not good for you".

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2007 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Church Brands Advertising

Well, the church is considered a non-profit organization. I don't think they would favor any one particular brand. Especially because no one is an official sponsor of the church. Different media is sponsored by certain companies and agree to help advertise their products. That would seem blasphemous if the church did advertise for one organization. undecided.gif

Also, just as the church doesn't tell us what specific political party we should join or who we should vote for, they wouldn't tell us where to buy our groceries or who is the best Realtor.

Reconcile Edited: DanInTheDen on 31st May, 2007 - 6:29pm

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Advertising Brands In Church Studies Doctrine Mormon

Specific articles about different aspects of Advertising, Advertising Made Easy and general Advertising information can be found at: www.international-discussion.net/advertising

12th Sep, 2007 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

but instead of saying the actual item they focus n the brand. An example of this would be: "Too much Hershey's chocolate is not good for you" as opposed to "Too much chocolate is not good for you".

I just think some brands have become the common term for many items in the United states. I don't think when a member uses one of these for an example that they are advertising the product. They are just using the most common names they know.

Consider the following brand name products that have become part of the English Language in the United States.
From
Kleenex is Really a Brand Name.
https://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0768920.html

Ace Bandage =  elastic bandage
Band-Aids = plastic bandages
Chapstick = lip balm
Jell-O = gelatin dessert
Kleenex = facial tissues
Q-Tips = cotton swabs
Scotch Tape = cellophane tape
Styrofoam = plastic foam
Teflon = nonstick coating
Vaseline = petroleum jelly
Velcro = hook and loop fastener
Walkman = portable cassette player with headphones
Xerox = photocopier

These are all brand names that have been substituted for the generic names of products. This happens all the time in the church in the U.S. (as well as outside of the church) without realizing the connection to a particular product (especially Jell-o).

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 12th Sep, 2007 - 5:29pm

15th Sep, 2007 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

You know what I never thought about his before but it is true cause many times I've done that and some sisters too.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2007 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's only natural to let little things like that slip. I think we shouldn't be hung up on others using politically incorrect phrases and judging their misnomers for a blasphemous ruse instead of what they really meant to say. Our intentions are what matters. Also, if you put "hook and loop fastener strips" on a flier for items to bring to an activity, there'd be a lot of confusion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Advertising Brands In Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,