Larry Craig - Page 3 of 3

Denied! Judge Denies Sen. Larry Craig's - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Oct, 2007 - 7:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
USA Politics U.S. Senator Arrested For Lewd Conduct In Bathroom
31st Aug, 2007 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Larry Craig - Page 3

Tortdog:

Well, I kind of disagree that the officer set him up via the interview. He asked questions which answers confirmed whether or not he was guilty. But simply answering the truth to those questions and NOT having done what the officer claimed would have resulted in innocence.

But isn't the appropriate thing to do is to have ANOTHER officer who can set the interview and then make each other (officer and senator) face/cross talk and see if there are any discrepancies?

For example, the officer asked if he used his left hand. The Senator said no. But the officer saw his ring which was on his left hand. The Senator said he never removed the ring. So the Senator is lying or the officer is lying.

Right! So why is everybody automatically assuming that the Senator is the one lying? (I am not saying he isn't, I am pretty sure he is but everybody is condemning him and the only thing we have is his word against the officer's).

Don't forget, there HAVE been past allegations of similar conduct by the Senator.

Really? Any links you can provide?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Larry Craig
A Friend

Craig Larry

But isn't the appropriate thing to do is to have ANOTHER officer who can set the interview and then make each other (officer and senator) face/cross talk and see if there are any discrepancies?

Nope. It is routine for the arresting officer to make the inquiry as he has more knowledge of the facts. There was another officer present during the investigation.

Right! So why is everybody automatically assuming that the Senator is the one lying? (I am not saying he isn't, I am pretty sure he is but everybody is condemning him and the only thing we have is his word against the officer's).

Same reason why when you get pulled over for speeding and it's your word vs. the officer's, the court generally trusts the officer first. They are sworn to uphold the law and protect the citizens. If we assume officers lie, what's the point of having a police force at all?

Regarding past allegations, here is a reference to them:

Sen. Craig has been dealing with allegations about his sexuality for years. Back in 1982, there were rumors that he was under investigation for having sexual relations with congressional pages (Craig was in the House of Representatives at that time.) This past fall, Craig again denied speculation from the internet and the Idaho press that he is gay. Craig has pointed to these past allegations as another reason why he pleaded guilty in Minnesota, and in his words, 'overreacted.' "Let me be clear: I am not gay and never have been," said Craig in his statement.

Apparently, Senator Craig has been dealing with this stuff for years.

https://www.411mania.com/politics/columns/59057

You can also go here:

https://oneutah.org/2007/08/28/senator-on-the-down-low/

One incident was a 40-year old man who claims that Senator Craig had sex with him in Union Station in D.C.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 31st Aug, 2007 - 4:15pm

31st Aug, 2007 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Larry Craig History & Civil Business Politics

The officer asked him questions once he set the ground rules. At the very beginning, the officer said this could go one of 2 ways. One was that he agreed to guilt and there was a quiet fine and no jail time or the other was a court case where the officer would testify. Under those ground rules, there really was only one answer for the Senator. I am not saying he set him up. Again, I believe by the way the Senator answered the questions he was already setting up his defense for a court case...basically admitting not to admit anything, but pay the fine and leave it at that. However, setting up the remainder of the interview after laying down that ground work pretty much left the senator no options and what I saw was a chance for a dishonest officer to do pretty well for themselves if they were so inclined.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2007 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Craig Larry

Craig to Resign

Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig announces his intent to resign effective September 30
Ref. CNN

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2007 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Larry Craig
A Friend

Craig Larry

His option was always to go to a judge and have the issue decided by the Senator's peers. But he didn't want that.

Besides which, the guilty plea came AFTER this interview. Senator Craig had ample time to discuss with counsel and decide.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2007 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Larry Craig

SEN. CRAIG MAY RECONSIDER RESIGNATION, SPOKESMAN SAYS

Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho may reconsider his resignation if he is cleared of a disorderly conduct charge to which he pleaded guilty last month, his spokesman told CNN on Tuesday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/09/04/cra...tion/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2007 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Larry Craig - Page 3

Denied!

Judge Denies Sen. Larry Craig's Request To Withdraw Guilty Plea Made After Craig's Arrest In Airport Bathroom Sting Operation
Ref. ABCNews

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Larry Craig

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,