Don't Let Your Boss Catch You Reading This

Don' T Boss Catch Reading This - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Aug, 2007 - 1:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

DON'T LET YOUR BOSS CATCH YOU READING THIS

If you are at work, chances are you are probably doing it right now.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~4182926a28~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This Reading Catch Boss Your Dont

This is so true. I've seen it with several major employers (my friend is a internet security guru that helps to monitor this type of activity in major energy corps).

Problem is, it's too easy to access.

Rather off topic, but...
Hmm... I need to finish reading all these new posts and get back to work. Personally, I use my own computer/resources to view the internet during the day at work. There is still the issue of my time, however.

30th Aug, 2007 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Don't Let Your Boss Catch You Reading This History & Civil Business Politics

Certainly is a problem. I've caught everyone in my office - including the bosses! - doing something on the internet that is irrelevant to their work. There are a couple of personal info websites I access every day, but mostly I stay off the internet unless I need to use it for a specific business purpose. There are a lot of government websites (IRS, FTB, Secretary of State, county assessors and treasurers, sales tax, etc.) that I do have legitimate cause to visit, which is why the company has a T1 connection in the first place. And, quite frankly, I don't usually have time during business hours to just surf the 'net or play computer games.

However, there is no expectation of privacy when using company equipment to access the web. Our firm specifically states that all internet activity is logged and monitored. Anyone conducting inappropriate behavior on the internet at our company will be sacked, zero tolerance.

That's a great motivator to behave smile.gif

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: Don't Let Your Boss Catch You Reading This

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,