Mention Jesus And Do Not Get Diploma!

Mention Jesus Diploma! - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th Sep, 2007 - 2:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A student who said she was told she wouldn't get her diploma unless she apologized for a commencement speech in which she mentioned Jesus has filed a lawsuit alleging her free speech rights were violated.
1st Sep, 2007 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

The US system of education is becoming ridiculous with all this anti-Christian/anti-Religion sentiments.

The school district contends its actions were "constitutionally appropriate."

Erica Corder was one of 15 valedictorians at Lewis-Palmer High School in 2006. All were invited to speak for 30 seconds at the graduation ceremony. When it was Corder's turn, she encouraged the audience to get to know Jesus Christ.

Corder had not included those remarks during rehearsals.

Corder's lawsuit, filed Monday in U.S. District Court, said Principal Mark Brewer told her to prepare a public apology or she would not receive her diploma. She was still allowed to graduate.

The lawsuit said Brewer would not give Corder her diploma until she included a sentence saying, "I realize that, had I asked ahead of time, I would not have been allowed to say what I did." Corder received her diploma after complying.

The school district released a statement Wednesday saying officials reviewed Corder's case when it happened in 2006 and also met several times with Corder and her parents...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2007 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Diploma Not Do Jesus Mention

This is one instance in which BYU points out that it has MORE academic freedom than secular institutions of higher education.

> TOPIC: Mention Jesus And Do Not Get Diploma!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,