Temple Of Flame 2 - Page 10 of 12

Run like there is no tomorrow. I want to make - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Sep, 2007 - 1:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

03rd October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Closed
Share Book RPG round 2
19th Sep, 2007 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame 2 - Page 10

The Dice Master says...

First off I did not know what a plinth is, so I looked it up:

QUOTE (Dictionary.com)
-noun Architecture.
1. a slablike member beneath the base of a column or pier.
2. a square base or a lower block, as of a pedestal.
3. Also called plinth course. a projecting course of stones at the base of a wall; earth table.
4. (in joinery) a flat member at the bottom of an architrave, dado, baseboard, or the like.

If the GM allows it I say we go back to the choice of left or right and then check out what the left section has first. If it is not allowed then I say we jump to the plinth.

QUOTE (Blackheart)
I only continued with 4 votes one time in the previous adventure in order to motivate future players.

Rather off topic, but...
I understand that, hence I told you that one voter from there was deleted. It is not like they left because they were not interested. Keep in mind too that not everyone that looks at this Thread is a Member, lots and lots of guests and spiders constantly index this site because it is very high in the Search Engine rankings and to join is not as easy (we delete many on a daily basis who obviously do not read), so those who DO participate really do read and appreciate the story as opposed to joining in just because they are bored and want something to do. Also, market yourself... keep the thing going makes people interested, stalling does just the opposite. Think of it this way... you start with four and four more join in because they see what is going on OR your method: stall on four and no more join in.

Sponsored Links:
19th Sep, 2007 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Flame Temple

Move on....nothing to see here. Plus...dont really feel like jumping today.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2007 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame 2
A Friend

Temple Of Flame 2 Archive Pathfinder / D&D

QUOTE (JB @ 19-Sep 07, 5:51 PM)
keep the thing going makes people interested, stalling does just the opposite.

It's a matter of opinion. If I stall the game because there isn't enough votes, maybe someone who is reading the story but not voting starts to participate, in order to continue reading the adventure.
QUOTE (JB)
If the GM allows it I say we go back to the choice of left or right and then check out what the left section has first.

Hu, in this book we can only choose the options at the end of our current paragraph. I could go back and go left, but I don't think it's a very good idea. The book was written to be played in a very linear fashion. Let's suppose we go check the chest and it blows up. If we go back and go left, and then return to the room with the chest, the paragraph will show the chest on it's original form.

But you're giving me an idea now, maybe I could still do that, and write the text myself when we are in a room we previously visited. This way, for example, I could describe the room with pieces of the chest all scattered around the room. I would reserve myself the right to go back or not, there are paragraphs and situations were it just isn't possible to go back because of screwing up the design of the book.

Or maybe I'm just ranting. undecided.gif what do you guys think?

20th Sep, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Page 10 Flame Temple

The Dice Master says...

QUOTE (Blackheart)
It's a matter of opinion.

Not really, after years of running RPGs online it is an observational statistic, but carry on, you are after all the GM here.

But you're giving me an idea now, maybe I could still do that

After thinking about it... let us just go as you are going rather than complicate things, since the idea here is simplicity.

20th Sep, 2007 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Flame Temple

Ok lets go with moving on because that thing looks like something will jump out of it.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2007 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Temple Of Flame 2
A Friend

Temple Of Flame 2

UPDATE 12

bored.gif you people have no curiosity. We might be missing important items on caskets and graves! Of course, they can still kill us instantly...

QUOTE (69)
You have not gone much further when the corridor you are in joins a second corridor running north and south. You decide to head straight on. Turn to 190.

QUOTE (190)
You walk along the corridor and emerge on to a high  balcony  overlooking  a  large  hall.  Carved panels on the walls depict ceremonies of devotion to the flame-god Katak. Looking down to the floor of the hall, you see six fretwork screens of gleaming silver placed in a hexagon about a crackling brazier. The leaping flame spreads a cobweb of shadows from the screens right out across the hall. Within  the  area  enclosed  by  the  screens,  the firelight is thrown back in bright reticular patterns of great beauty. How extraordinary it is to stand here and gaze upon this work of the Anku priest- lords, this living art that has outlived the civilization that created it by more than two thousand years!

You  are  so  absorbed  in  admiration  for  the ancient  artifacts  and  carvings  that  you  do  not notice a black-clad form drop from the lintel of the archway behind you. It is one of the Nightmare Guard, Damontir's retinue of unhuman assassins. As it stalks towards you, Minki suddenly utters a shrill cry and skitters away nervously. His warning gives you just enough time to whirl and strike at the oncoming assailant with your sword.  It falls back  for  an  instant,  then  lunges  at  you  again, anxious to encircle your neck with its garrotte of weighted silk.

NIGHTMARE GUARD - VIGOUR  12

Roll two dice:
score 2 to 5    Turn to 63
score 6 to 12  The Nightmare Guard loses 3  VIGOUR

If you kill it, turn to 166. If you try to FLEE down the steps from the balcony, do not roll the dice as you would normally do, but turn to 75.

Let's act bravely for a change, or let's run like there is no tomorrow?

Temple Of Flame 2
Temple Of Flame 2 (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Sep, 2007 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Temple Flame 2 - Page 10

The Dice Master says...

QUOTE (Blackheart)
...you people have no curiosity.

Hey now, I did say I wanted to jump on the plinth.

Were you supposed to roll two dice before we made the choice?

Given our current vigor I think we should fight hoping that our GM rolls lucky this time.

20th Sep, 2007 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Temple Flame 2 D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Run like there is no tomorrow. I want to make it to the end of the game not die in the process. sad.gif

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Temple Of Flame 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.