Us Elections 2008 - Page 5 of 9

VP Showdown No surprise in what we'll - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2008 - 10:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
USA This is a GENERAL Thread about the 2008 US Elections and is not meant to be a place to go in depth into each candidate. There ARE Threads already about each specific presidential candidate - please search for them.
11th Sep, 2008 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Us Elections 2008 - Page 5

Isn't this such fun? You are lipstick. No, you are a pig and I am lipstick. No, you are a bulldog with lipstick. They called me a pig! The only reason you were selected is that you havent had a abortion. So all female dems have killed babies? No, that isnt what I meant. Quit making veiled racist remarks by calling me a "community organizer". We all know that means Black. You have no experience. Wait, you dont have any either. OK, so we both havent finished our first terms in office, but I was bathroom monitor in 3rd grade! Your policies suck. No yours suck more. Hey, your not in the military any more. My dad can beat your dad up. I am older than your dad and I can kick his butt myself.

As we are getting closer to voting day, doesn't it seems as though our candidates are regressing in maturity? Notice how we have heard nothing about the important things...budget, social security, solutions to the housing debacle, etc...

Apparently, change means we are getting hack rate commedians in office next year! YIPPEE!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 11th Sep, 2008 - 1:29am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2008 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Elections Us

As that old saying goes, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." Neither one of the candidate tickets will bring much in the way of change, in my opinion. This is one of those times when I am *really* glad we don't have broadcast or cable TV in our home -- those political ads are about non-stop right now, and each one gets meaner and dirtier as it closer to the election. "He said/She said..."

The sad part is, we as the American people are in a terrible fix. There is no positive, substantial choice for the White House. It's all politics as usual, and even though I like Sarah Palin and Joe Biden, they are both just "good ole boys" on the corporate dole.

I see change coming, but I don't think it's the kind these people are talking about. Can you spell r-e-v-o-l-u-t-I-o-n?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2008 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Us Elections 2008
A Friend

Us Elections 2008 History & Civil Business Politics

I think I can spell it lets see r-e-v-l-u-t-I-o-n. Does that work?

I have to agree that change is coming down the pipe but it is not the change either party has been talking about. I would love to be able to turn my tv on at home but I still have about 55 days of silence to go for now. I do still watch monies on the pay channels smile.gif

I will be interested to see what kind of change happens in the next four years.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2008 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 5 Elections Us

Advisers give clue to candidates on economy

The stock market tanks. Major banks and investment firms fail. The economy flirts with recession. Who would President Barack Obama or President John McCain call?
Ref. Source 2

27th Sep, 2008 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Elections Us

I didn't get to watch the McCain/Obama debate last night, but I've watched several clips on the 'net this morning and reviewed some of the news reports about it. The consensus view seems to be that there was no clear "winner" of this debate, and that the points scored were more on nuance than substance. As a for instance from the Washington Post:

It was a small thing, but I counted six times that Obama began a sentence with the words that McCain was "absolutely right" about a point he had made. No McCain sentences began with a similar acknowledgment of his opponent's wisdom, even though the two agreed on Iran, Russia and the U.S. financial crisis far more than they disagreed.

That suggests an imbalance in the deference quotient between the younger man and the veteran senator -- an impression reinforced by Obama's frequent glances in McCain's direction and McCain's studied indifference to his rival.

Whether viewers caught the verbal and body-language signs that Obama seemed to accept McCain as the alpha male on the stage in Mississippi, I do not know.

Source 2

And this from another writer in the same paper:
Imperiously enough, McCain -- who had threatened not to show up for the debate because of America's financial crisis -- seemed determined to avoid even looking at Obama as the debate went on, although they did shake hands at the beginning and end. Many of McCain's answers were preceded with belittling references to Obama as if he were talking to a college freshman way out of his depth: "I'm afraid Senator Obama doesn't understand the difference between a tactic and a strategy," was one typical remark.

Obama supporters must have been displeased, then, to hear their candidate keep agreeing with McCain, a case perhaps of sportsmanlike conduct run amok. Doesn't Obama want to win?

Source 5

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 27th Sep, 2008 - 4:36pm

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2008 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Us Elections 2008

Obama Wins?

A new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll shows 46% of people who watched the presidential debate Friday think Democrat Barack Obama did a better job than Republican John McCain; 34% said McCain did better.
Ref. USAToday

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2008 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

Us Elections 2008 - Page 5

That's interesting. Everything I have heard on the CNN and the radio have called the debate pretty close to a draw. I wonder where the USA Today Gallup poll gathered their data.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2008 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Us Elections 2008 Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

VP Showdown

No surprise in what we'll be covering tonight. Co-anchor Terry Moran reports live from Washington University in St. Louis at the site of the vice presidential debate, likely the most-anticipated showdown of running mates in the history of presidential politics.

All the storylines are there. On one side, Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska, who in the past several weeks has run a gauntlet of criticism and ridicule from opponents while winning adoration from supporters. On the other, Joe Biden, a sitting U.S. senator since 1973 who is known for his foreign policy expertise but also for long-windedness and off-worded gaffes.

Recent polling shows the Obama-Biden ticket pulling away from McCain-Palin in several battleground states at the same time that confidence in Palin is slipping. Millions will be watching closely to see how she handles tonight's primetime spotlight. Moran will be joined by ABC News chief Washington correspondent George Stephanopoulos for the "Nightline" report card and ABC News consultants Matthew Dowd and Donna Brazile will join the show live with their analysis. It should be quite a night.
Ref. ABC Nightline

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Us Elections 2008

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,