Outrage Over Selection Of A 13-year-old

Outrage Selection 13-year-old - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 18th Sep, 2007 - 7:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The girl chosen as the face of an Australian fashion event says she fits into women's clothes, so she should be allowed to model them — even though she just turned 13.
18th Sep, 2007 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Outrage Over Selection Of A 13-year-old

What is your position? Do you agree or disagree that age does not matter in fashion?

Prime Minister John Howard has led a chorus of criticism of the choice of Maddison Gabriel, who was 12 when she was named the face of the inaugural Gold Coast Fashion Week.

The middle school student told Australia's Channel Seven that she was the right model for the job.

"I believe that I can fit into women's clothes, I can model women's clothes, so I should be able to do it," Maddison said.

"It doesn't matter about age, it matters that you can do the job."

Her mother, Michelle Gabriel, also defended the role, saying at the time of her daughter's selection that she could be both a 12-year-old girl and a young woman.

"For a 12-year-old I think she's handling it very well; I'm very proud of her," she said.

Howard earlier said Australia should follow the example of Europe and ban models younger than 16 appearing on catwalks.

"We do have to preserve some notion of innocence in our society," he told Southern Cross Broadcasting in Melbourne.

Sponsored Links:
18th Sep, 2007 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

-year-old Of Selection Outrage

I don't agree with it whatsoever, and don't see why kids should be dragged into an adults world far sooner than they should do!
So what if the clothes fit her and she's 13, she should really not be able to be a model until she's at least 16!
Britain has just outlawed kids under the age of 16 being able to go on the catwalk, I agree with this decision,in my opinion, kids grow up too soon anyway, and there's plenty of time for them to be models when they are actually grown up!

> TOPIC: Outrage Over Selection Of A 13-year-old

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,