Vista Annoyances - Page 2 of 3

Yes those things will surely make Vista run - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th May, 2010 - 2:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
This is not the same as the Vista general Thread which is a review for those wondering if to use Vista, this Thread caters for those who already use Vista and have become annoyed with certain difficulties that were not present in XP.
16th Nov, 2008 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances - Page 2

It is important to note, as I found out the hard way long ago, that even though you disable that it does not mean that Vista does not have its own hidden agenda and checks that can give you problems when installing or running something, so you still have to ensure to right click in some cases and still run a program as Admin or check permissions and make it available for "all" in order to do such things as get Vista to fully utilize a mounted drive.

Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2008 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Annoyances Vista

That is what I hit installing MV90 software so we pulled it to a UNIX box was a better solution. Saved me calling IT department every day so I can adjust communication connections.

17th Nov, 2008 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Microsoft said that Vista SP1 would have improved performance and taken care of a lot of bugs months later we're still waiting.

23rd Nov, 2008 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Annoyances Vista

One of the good things of doing a software review is that you know how much has actually been done. Now I am giving info here based on some else's review but I am confident of the review. Vista SP1 is a big improvement over Vista beta 1 and consequent releases after. What happens most of the time is that people expect it to work perfect the first time and rightfully so. These softwares are pretty expensive for a lot of people and they want value for their money. The reality however is that it cannot be so. Most people don't know or understand the inner working of Operating Systems and do not really care too. Again rightfully so because people buy computers for convenience not to figure out how to get it working right. I am beginning to ramble so I'll be quick. Hardware compatibility if you think about it is not Vista's fault now is it? It's the fault of the manufacturer for not making the correct drivers for it to work in Vista. The pop up that ask you if you want to proceed (UAC) is annoying to some but is that a bug? No it is not. XP went through the same negative comments and flaming until SP2 when all things seem to iron out then. XP was released to the public in October 2001, SP2 was in August 2004 (SP3 was released in May 2008). Now seeing that it took Microsoft 3 years to 'get it right' (almost 7 if you include SP3), I think we should give Vista a chance, it was only released publicly in January/February 2007.

JB if you think this should be somewhere else, then by all means, I really didn't know where exactly where to put it but thought I should put it as food for thought.

13th Dec, 2008 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Annoyances Vista

That depends on how you look at things, should Vista be compatible for CURRENT hardware or should we invent the wheel just for Vista?

15th Dec, 2008 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances

If new hardware advance are expected then I say yes Vista should be made to accommodate that and leave the past in the past.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2010 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances - Page 2

Here are some good tips on getting Vista to run faster:

1. Disable Transparency

Right click your desktop > Select Personalize Choose Windows Color And Appearance Uncheck Enable Transparency Click OK

2. Disable Services

Go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Select Performance Information and Tools Click Advanced Tools Click Adjust The Appearance and Performance of Windows Uncheck all save for Use Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons. You can also do it this way: Start button, type services.msc > Enter. Disable all those except the last one to the bottom.

3. Power Options

Go back to System and Maintenance Select Power Options Select High Performance

Check Windows Experience Index

4. Click Start, right-click Computer, then click Properties. In the system tab, click Windows Experience Index.

6th May, 2010 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Yes those things will surely make Vista run faster but it takes away a lot of the flash and glitter of the OS. It doesn't matter to some people but it does to others. For some reason people want the new softwares to look all nice and fancy, then worry about the performance of it and of course complain when it doesn't run nice.
Also what I have experienced with a lot of people is that they have the bare minimum requirements to run softwares (including OS) and expect it to run flawless. Think a bit people, the computer have to run other things too, so exceeding the requirements is highly recommended.
About Vista itself, I have seen it run quite smoothly on a lot of systems. It's not as bad as people are portraying it to be. Just get to understand it and things will be clearer.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Vista Annoyances

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,