Menstrual Period Makeover

Menstrual Period Makeover - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1st Jul, 2014 - 11:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2007 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

PERIOD MAKEOVERS: FIXES FOR HEAVY BLEEDING, CRAMPS, PMS

Katherine Sutherland, an OB-GYN in Mountain View, California, knows something about terrible periods -- and not just from her patients. She used to go through tampons every hour, excusing herself to go to the bathroom between appointments. Heavy bleeding made doing what she really loved --hiking -- especially difficult. Truth is, she wanted her period to go away altogether. In 2003 Sutherland, then age 51, got her wish. She had a minor surgical procedure called endometrial ablation, or by its brand name, NovaSure, to remove her uterine lining and stop heavy bleeding. And she hasn't had a period since. "I was delighted," she says. "Up until that time I'd never missed one period." Sutherland recently hiked 8,000 feet to the ancient Incan city of Machu Picchu in Peru.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/conditions/...over/index.html

Sponsored Links:
26th Sep, 2007 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Makeover Period Menstrual

I think ladies should think twice before doing this after all it is surgery. I know my wife when she does not watch her diet just before that time she can suffer greatly. But when she does keep her diet clean and high in good oils and fish she has a much easier tiome of it and nicer to live with. If you are one of the ones who no matter what is in extreme pain them perhaps this would be a great solution.

26th Sep, 2007 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Menstrual Period Makeover Health & Special Psychology

That is the first time I have ever heard about diet affecting PMS. I have heard about exercise causing it to be less painful and easier to cope with, but not diet, although I can see how that is a definite possibility.

spock.gif Just imagine, two men talking about PMS.

26th Sep, 2007 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

JB your priceless I just about split my side open when I read you last line in that post. Just to clear the air though remember all you single guys they may have the PMS, but we chose to live with it. So you best be listening in for your own sanity.

I have two older sisters and the oldest would have given her hind leg for this operation before her time passed.

Strange no ladies are offering their opinions here. I would have thought some one would have been happy to jump at this chance.

Ok here is a quick question for the ladies having low iron. Would this be a solution you would even consider to eliminate that issue?

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 26th Sep, 2007 - 5:03pm

26th Sep, 2007 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

I do not usually have heavy periods so I would not even consider this "makeover". I know women who suffer terribly with it and it's really painful in all aspects. A "healthy" period should NOT be painful, if it is, a doctor should examine the reason behind it (in many cases is a sign of infertility) in others, is just the way it is.

Like I always say...when I am pregnant, that's the time I enjoy the most, no period! biggrin.gif

29th Sep, 2007 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

I've had painful, heavy periods from the very first, except for a year after my first child was born when they were lighter and not as excruciating. Vitamins, fasting, juicing, omega-3 and omega-6 oils, flax oil, vitamin-B complexes, herbal teas, yoga, exercise, meditation.... it seems there is no cure for some of us. However, my current doctor believes that correcting my thyroid levels may help somewhat, and it's now been about 4 months. Less pain, sort of, but still horrid otherwise. We'll see how it goes going forward.

About this surgery as a treatment? I don't know. It's obviously less invasive than a total hysterectomy, but what are the side effects? Any surgery is risky, but it would sure be nice to get some relief.

QUOTE (krakyn)
Ok here is a quick question for the ladies having low iron. Would this be a solution you would even consider to eliminate that issue?
If my iron level were *dangerously* low, I might consider it. It is low as it is, but my doctor now is trying just a multi-vitamin with iron for a few months to see what happens. (I'm not just low iron but small blood cell size.)

Rather off topic, but...
Hey, guys? It's not all about PMS, okay? That's "pre" menstrual syndrome, which is way different than the actual menses. And, yes, that's a real problem for me, too. I promise to let you know on the days I'm ready to rip your head off for speaking to me. wink.gif Maybe.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 29th Sep, 2007 - 8:01am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2014 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What is all the fuss about?

AFTER 200,000 years of human existence how is this something we"re still complaining about? It has to stop. Period. Ref. Source 8

> TOPIC: Menstrual Period Makeover

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,