Spicy Chili Smell Leads To Evacuation

Spicy Chili Smell Leads Evacuation - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2007 - 7:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Super spicy chili sauce being cooked at a London Thai restaurant sparked road closures and evacuations after passers-by complained that the smell was burning their throats
3rd Oct, 2007 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Spicy Chili Smell Leads To Evacuation

Imaging that! We are speaking only of the smell, can anyone dare to eat it? shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->London Fire Brigade's chemical response team was called after reports that a strong smell was wafting from the restaurant in the heart of London's Soho district Monday afternoon, a Metropolitan police spokesman said, speaking anonymously in line with force policy.<br /><br />Authorities sealed off several premises and closed roads. The Times of London described shoppers coughing and spluttering as firefighters wearing special breathing masks sought the source of the smell.<br /><br />The paper said firefighters smashed down the door of the Thai Cottage restaurant and seized extra-hot bird's eye chilies which had been left dry-frying. It said they were being prepared as part of a batch of Nam Prik Pao, a spicy Thai dip.<br /><br />
The police spokesman said no arrests were made in the case.

"As far as I'm aware it's not a criminal offense to cook very strong chili," he said.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Oct, 2007 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Evacuation Leads Smell Chili Spicy

I think that one would use this as a stock to make other things. Though the article does say it is a dip? I never thought of Thai being that spicey though. Mind you I doubt I have had authentic Tai either. Canadian restaurants ran by Thai persons maybe very diluted by comparison.

> TOPIC: Spicy Chili Smell Leads To Evacuation

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,