If You Seen A Politial Leader Cry Would It Change

If Politial Leader Cry Change - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Oct, 2007 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Oct, 2007 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

If You Seen A Politial Leader Cry Would It Change

I was listening to a radio show this week and they were talking about Stephen Harper who is the leader of the Conservative Party of Canada.

The host some time back had interviewed Mr. Harper and in the discussion they talked about his wife who had become seriously ill and almost died. In this interview Harper became very emotional. The emotional response is very understandable since it was his wife he was talking about. On a separate occasion Harper was being questioned on poverty in Canada, and he relayed how he had visited a lady who's son had been crippled and was in a wheel chair. Then was being treated for a medical condition and the treatment left her son in the mental capacity of a 5 year old though he was a teenager. This traumatic event caused sever financial hardship for the woman and the child. Again during this interview Harper showed very deep emotional responsa on the border line of crying.

The interviewer then stated he thought a politician that showed such emotion would be a good leader since he can show compassion openly.

What are your thoughts on this? Is a leader that can show emotion a better leader or a weak one?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
3rd Oct, 2007 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Change Would Cry Leader Politial Seen If

I'm not sure whether it would make them a stronger or weaker leader, but I would certainly say that I would view them as being an honest leader.
I think my view would slightly lean towards a stronger leader, but I have to say that I personally feel that it is a good trait to have somebody who has compassion for mankind to be their leader. This is definitely something most countries aren't used to!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

3rd Oct, 2007 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

If You Seen A Politial Leader Cry Would It Change History & Civil Business Politics

I am not sure. I personally know a lot of people who are emotional but are not moved upon doing anything about something if they could change it. Basically they cry to see a neighbor's struggling financially but they would never invite them for dinner or drop some groceries.

Emotions are good and compassion as well as long as you are moved upon doing something. Otherwise, are just tears flowing down your cheek.

I see a political leader in the same perspective.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Oct, 2007 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Emotions can be an effective tool in getting oneself to act, but it can also be used to manipulate a situation. If you have seen the political adds in the United States then you know how emotion can be used to persuade. I do not know Stephen Harper, so I could not determine if these emotions were genuine. All in all, emotions are not an effective way to determine someone's effectiveness as a leader. More important to me are their values and ideals, not the emotion behind those values.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

5th Oct, 2007 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

I am with you dbackers the value and ideals are what is important. If I can sense that are personal reasons for motivation then that might secure my vote for them.

Emotions are used far to often to manipulate people and this is wrong in the political world.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 5th Oct, 2007 - 2:37pm

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: If You Seen A Politial Leader Cry Would It Change

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,