Bush vs Hitler

Bush Hitler - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Oct, 2007 - 8:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Canada, Canadian The view from the perspective of a Canadian.
27th Sep, 2007 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Bush vs Hitler

Bush vs. Hitler

Fist of all this is NOT my view. While Discussing The US Patriot Act one of our Members made the following comment:

QUOTE (Krakyn)
I think in some ways I respected Hitler much more than Bush as he was more forthright in his manner. He told the world what he was doing and did it.

Since that is a highly controversial opinion coming from our Canadian friend I wanted to dive into it without hurting the linked Topic above which is about he Patriot Act's similarities with the German Enabling Act and not the persons behind the Act(s).

I have not researched this, but from what I understand about the beginnings of World War II Hitler kept his underlying plans secret until he gained ultimate power. In other words he did not rise to power by telling the German populous that he would kill millions of Jews. I understand many of the concerns people have about invading sovereign nations, but those are covered more deeply in other Threads, here I think to compare Bush to that is very harsh, but I would like to get thoughts.

What are your thoughts?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3220 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
27th Sep, 2007 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Hitler Bush

I completely agree with you. I am not a fan of some of Bush's policies but to compare him with Hitler is ridiculous (with all due respect). Hitler committed extremely serious crimes against humanity to a level that Bush cannot even be in a list to be compared to.

Hitler did express some of the views he had with regards to Jews and other groups but he was never absolutely honest of what his horrendous plan was all about.

Hitler is responsible for the torture and annihilation of 10 million people. Let's not forget that. Comparing him with Bush is extremely harsh and I absolutely disagree with such comparison.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

28th Sep, 2007 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Bush vs Hitler History & Civil Business Politics

The comparison of Bush to Hitler shows some people's ignorance of history. Or, a more frightening reality, is that they choose to ignore history.

I think in some ways I respected Hitler much more than Bush as he was more forthright in his manner. He told the world what he was doing and did it.

Hitler rounded up a people like cattle and killed them outright.

Bush and the United States, in the prosecution of a War that was given approval by Congress, unintentionally killed civilians (unfortunately) in fighting that war.
From the Fox News online

The Senate approved the measure (Iraq resolution) 77-23 early Friday morning at the end of a rocky week-long debate. The House voted for the resolution Thursday afternoon, 296-133.

Regardless of the reasons for the War or your view of the Iraq war, isn't there a moral distinction between Hitler's Genocide (the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group) of a large portion of an entire people and the unfortunate loss of civilian life when fighting a war?

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

28th Sep, 2007 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Hitler Bush

First I am not claiming Hitler was right in killing non Germans that resided in Germany like one would rats caught in a boat. But I am saying he never once pretended he was not going to. He did what he did because he seen them as traitors to Germany and thus an object to remove. Yes he lied to them about why they were tattooed and rounded up in these prisons. They are they enemy of Germany would you give them a chance to revolt if you had been Hitler? Not likely so on his part a good tactic. As a Christian he was about the most vile person who existed in a long time.

Here is what the party that he lead bas based on.

https://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/rise...er/25points.htm

Here is what he fully intended for Jews at the out right.

from www.historyplace.com

4. Only those who are our fellow countrymen can become citizens. Only those who have German blood, regardless of creed, can be our countrymen. Hence no Jew can be a countryman.

5. Those who are not citizens must live in Germany as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens.

6. The right to choose the government and determine the laws of the State shall belong only to citizens. We therefore demand that no public office, of whatever nature, whether in the central government, the province, or the municipality, shall be held by anyone who is not a citizen.

We wage war against the corrupt parliamentary administration whereby men are appointed to posts by favor of the party without regard to character and fitness.

From this would have expected the leader of such a party not to slaughter all those in the way?

Now here is why I respect what he did in that he took his goal and achieved it I ponder has Bush managed to even come close yet?

1920 Germany is in financial ruin due to the French calling in all loans. German monies is worthless and the French inturn invade and have armies sitting in the German Industrial areas. Hitler is a patriot of his German country and is absolutely torn apart by what he sees. He joins a rag tag political group who has simular ideas to his own. Takes control by popularity and turn this body into the largest political power in the country. Once he manages to take over and places his dictatorship he did manage to rebuild the German economy. Up to now he really has done no true evil only mostly good for his countrymen.

All along the way he was constantly getting into issues for repeatedly mentioned(out right ranting on many occasions) about having to rid the country of Jews Communists and the French. Even at that the people voted his party in so the people must have believed in the same values.

Once he gains absolute power he turns to France and says OK you have been our thorn in the side, because of you and the Communists and Jews we lost the last battle now we will reclaim what you stole. (I am not say he was right in doing this but is only fulfilling what he promised to himself at day one and is what he told his countrymen who actually helped him get to be in power.)

Fortunately for the free world he was beaten down and the German war machine stopped.

Yes very evil tragedies did happen I personally know Jewish people who survived these camps I will never think that this was not part of satan himself that allowed them to exists. I will how ever respect the mans plan dedication to his cause.

I personally do not think Bush would be able to accomplish half of what Hitler had managed if he had been put in his boots back in 1920. (please place aside all of the moral issues) I do not think Bush has that kind of charisma tactical sense or dedication. Do you think Bush would go to jail for 12 months for what he believes in then comeback out and purse it to achieve his finial goal?

Rather off topic, but...
As far as killing of civilians that is always part or modern war as we do not march out swords in hand and fight soldier to soldier. I also think that is one weakness in North American thinking that civilians are not soldiers as they are. Think of this you are sitting at home rifle in gun rack you see all the neighboring men heading out gun in hand to meet a ship landing on the shore. Do you just sit there or do you rise to the cause? You go fight but are you not just a civilian? My 9 year old boy would lay his life to fend off an attacker so is he now a soldier also or just a proud Canadian ready to defend his Country against all attackers?

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Corrected your tags for you.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

28th Sep, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Hitler Bush

Krakyn, I understand your argument that Hitler was a good military tactician, but I still do not see how that equates to making Bush worst than him. Does being proficient in one element mean that you can somehow be rated by character against another?

Rather off topic, but...
Krakyn, I know you are passionate about religion, but let's keep the religious elements to the Religious Boards.

To avoid repeating things that have been Discussed I would like to bring up these Threads for those interested:

* Adolph Hitler - Main Thread about the man.

* Mein Kempf

* Benito Mussolini - Worst Than Hitler?

* Most Influential

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3220 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

1st Oct, 2007 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Bush vs Hitler

Ok I said I gave Hitler More respect as he at least tried or succeeded in doing what he said he would.

He said he would redeem Germany from the French and the Jews....He did it. (His methods are not in question here just whether or not he did what he said he would after all we do not what religion to enter this.)

Hitler said he would feed his people...He did it.

Hitler said he would restore Germany to its former Greatness....He did it.

In doing these things he started as a broke man on the down and out and became the Countries ruler. He did restore the monetary system to stability before WWII. He had his people working and the industrial centers running again, he had a car that his people could afford as well as homes. He was working against poverty and was winning.

These are good things one can appreciate in a leader or at least I can as I see Canada and the States heading into a huge slump. I do not see any solutions spewing from our leaders.

I see the States spewing anti communism all the time only to adapt a communist attitude in the new home security policies that they are passing. I do not think for one minute that the United States Or the Canadian Government actually care about us peons the workers of the country. The corporation rule our rulers just as they did in Germany prior Hitler taking over. Who is going to come out and stand up true for Canada or the States and pull up the socks and feed the starving and educate the uneducated? BUSH I think not!

What is Bush doing to ensure people have a car to drive that is affordable what is he doing to ensure every one can have a nice home to live in or a good education. Nothing that I can see.

Is see Bush as a supporter of keeping the poor, poor and hungry as threat way they will be enlisting more often and we have lots of them so they are now disposable. I think Hitler took the idea of I will make Germany a proud country and its citizens will be proud of her and will willingly defend her.

Hitler lost elections and learned from his mistakes and tried again. Bush loses and demands recount until the number are in his favor then claims it is right.

Also please keep in mind to me comparing Bush to Hitler is like comparing a snake to a viper. You likely will not desire the company of either but your need to respect their capabilities to cause you harm. Neither is a person I would consider as a role model but this does not mean that they do not possess some good attributes.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Oct, 2007 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Bush Hitler

Do you think Bush would go to jail for 12 months for what he believes in then comeback out and purse it to achieve his finial goal?

Just for clarities sake, what do you believe George Bush's Final Goal is?

When someone compares two people's integrity or lack thereof there has to be concrete examples of intent. As you have discussed Hitler's intent was clearly stated and carried out. What concrete evidence is there that Bush has the same genocidal tendencies in his words or actions as Hitler did.

He said he would redeem Germany from the French and the Jews....He did it. (His methods are not in question here just whether or not he did what he said he would after all we do not what religion to enter this.)
Hitler said he would feed his people...He did it.
Hitler said he would restore Germany to its former Greatness....He did it

O yes, hitler made the trains run on time. But is that the most important aspect of being a world leader? Every crack pot dictator I.e. Stalin (A communist who killed 30 million of his own people), Lenin, and Pol Pot, euthenized a portion of its population after declaring their Sub-Human status, and they were affective in certain aspects of governance. I just do not understand how someone can show admiration for someones supposed "truthfulness" or "effectiveness" if that results in the genocide of millions of individuals.

If someone said they were going to kill my parents and did it, should I show admiration for his honesty and fulfilment of his promises even if he is supposedly good for the economy? Why should my attitude about Hitler be different?

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

1st Oct, 2007 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Bush Hitler Politics Business Civil & History

I fully do not believe Bush has world peace in mind. I believe he is taking control over countries that rebel against His control. He has partners in this that include my countrymen have no disillusions on that. Genocide I do not think he is intended on just financial/political domination/control.

He stated he has a war on Terrorism but yet no victory yet, nor control over his end goal that he proclaimed. I do not think he has plans of getting rid of it so much as having it in his control. In essence that could end up being one and the same.

I do not Idolize Hitler and never will. I idolize no man of this earth.

I just think too many are blindly following Bush and the USA.

Again I mention I did say some ways not all do I respect Hitlers abilities. If he were a perfect leader he would not have lost a war nor killed millions of innocents. I was just stating I think Bush was being more deceitful. This is me as I do not trust why he is doing what he is doing.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Bush vs Hitler

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,