Mcdonald's Strip Search Case

Mcdonald' S Strip Search Case - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Oct, 2007 - 1:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2007 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

JURY AWARDS $6.1 MILLION IN MCDONALD'S STRIP SEARCH CASE

A jury awarded $6.1 million Friday to a woman who said she was forced to strip in a McDonald's back office after someone called the restaurant posing as a police officer.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/05/strip...h.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2007 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Case Search Strip Mcdonalds

I remember listening to this report on television and being so horrified, when I heard why this girl was suing Mc Donald's. It is very disturbing that the assistant manager, was involved in this disgusting hoax. I cannot understand how anyone can be engaged to a man and just prefer to go along with such a sick and disgusting hoax. The girl was even forced to perform sexual acts. What was the former assistant manager doing? I cannot fathom how any woman could be so foolish and perverted. Her fiance was having sex with the girl and Donna Summer (the assistant manager) merely looked on? I am glad that there were surveillance cameras in the room. Poor Louise Ogborn!

I remember right after she was awarded $6.1 million dollars, a reporter asked her what she was going to do with all that money. She coyly and cleverly replied, "Go to law school!" It is good to see that she hasn't lost her sense of humour! I have to admit, Louise Ogborn is a very courageous lady to endure all of this pain and relive the humiliation in court.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

16th Oct, 2007 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Mcdonald's Strip Search Case History & Civil Business Politics

The thing that shocked me about this case is the girl being forced to perform sexual acts. I mean, if you think it is a policeman...wouldn't you think is strange the kind of requests he is asking? And even if is a policeman asking for it, wouldn't you just run away or start screaming?

I know people react differently in situations like this and maybe this is the case.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Oct, 2007 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

The thing that shocked me about this case is the girl being forced to perform sexual acts. I mean, if you think it is a policeman...wouldn't you think is strange the kind of requests he is asking? And even if is a policeman asking for it, wouldn't you just run away or start screaming?

I am still very disturbed by this whole matter. I think she was only 18 years old when this whole disgusting hoax occurred. Perhaps, when some individuals are traumatized or terrified of being arrested, they do almost anything to prove their innocence, just to prevent themselves from going to jail. Maybe that is why she chose to be submissive and do everything that the "policeman" asked. If it were me, I would be scared to know that a policeman is coming to see me. But I would be very perplexed if he asked me to strip search on the premises. I think I would feign a heart attack and then seize the opportunity to run away!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

16th Oct, 2007 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

When I was younger I was in a situation where I just froze. Of course, nothing compared to what this girl went through but it did help me to know that you never know how you would react in a situation like this. Many times I said to myself "I would do A if I was in that situation" but the truth is when situation A came, I just froze because it was completely unexpected and it took me a while to react and run away. I was terrified and I think this is exactly what happened to this girl. I am glad she got some sort of compensation.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Oct, 2007 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

That is just so sick! It makes it even worse when her boss and colleague are involved even to the point of sexual acts against the girl!
I'm glad she got a good payout-she certainly deserves it for the trauma and humiliation she incurred, and I hope that McDonalds learnt that they can't just turn a blind eye when it suits!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2007 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

The girl was even forced to perform sexual acts.

This is one of two things really either she is dumb as an ox or she was realy really scared. When something is making you so scared that you cannot think straight you are likely to do stupid things. Lets not get down on the girl though, she's the victim.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

17th Oct, 2007 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Mcdonald's Strip Search Case Politics Business Civil & History

If I read this correctly, it says that these type of phone calls were going on throughout the country (4 other times) from a guy in Florida. The assult took place in Kentucky...that is pretty far away. In reading this article, I don't see the direct link with the caller and the store managers. Strangely, it seems possible that the call was made by the guy in Florida (because there was no one in the McDonalds posing as a officer...it was just over the phone) and the store manager took advantage of the situation. My gut feeling on the sexual acts are that she was probably coerced into it by something that the store manager had on her that he could tell the police or her parents...just a feeling though. Otherwise, you are all correct in the question of why she just didnt leave or wait to be taken into the police station.

Here is another lawsuit that has the same flavor as this one...

https://www.neusysinc.com/columnarchive/colm0183.html

Sorry, I just looked into this a bit more and got a better story on this incident.

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2684890

Basically, it looks like the guy in Florida really pulled one over on these folks and that the assistant manager and fiance' were pretty dim witted.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 17th Oct, 2007 - 1:21am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mcdonald's Strip Search Case

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,