Saudi Arabia Law

Saudi Arabia Law - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Nov, 2007 - 1:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Overhaul
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2007 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Saudi Arabia Law

Saudis to overhaul legal system

Saudi Arabia announces an overhaul of its judicial system, including the creation of a supreme court.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/m...ast/7029308.stm

Sponsored Links:
16th Nov, 2007 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Law Arabia Saudi

Some of the laws in Saudi Arabia are unbelievable. I am not totally surprised though, in most Muslim countries rape victims or women are treated differently. Recently I saw a case of a man who sexually abused his own sister and she ended up pregnant. He apologized and was forgiven, but the woman was hanged.

Look at this case, she is the victim and she gets 200 lashes!

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -  A 19-year-old female victim of gang rape who initially was ordered to undergo 90 lashes for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape," has been sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in jail for telling her story to the news media.

The new verdict was handed down by Saudi Arabia's Higher Judicial Council following a retrial, the Arab News reported.

The court last year sentenced the six heavily-armed men who carried out the attack against the Shiite woman to between one and five years for committing the crime.

But the judges had decided to punish the woman further for "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media," a court source told the Arab News.

The new verdict issued on Wednesday also toughened the sentences against the six men to between two and nine years in prison.

Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine that forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2007 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Arabia Law
A Friend

Saudi Arabia Law History & Civil Business Politics

Are these the kind loving people of the religion of peace I keep hearing about, or the deranged barbarians I believe them to be? I'm leaning towards the barbarians.
It doesn't sit well with me that we're "allies" with Saudi Arabia, we should have a condition of the US's continued support be rewrite their laws. But that's not "respecting" their culture.

> TOPIC: Saudi Arabia Law

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,