Doing The Best We Can

Doing Can - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Oct, 2007 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2007 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Doing The Best We Can

Doing The Best We Can

"It is not a cure or a comfort to simply say [the standards] do not matter. We all know they do matter, for all mankind is 'instructed sufficiently that they know good from evil' (2 Nephi 2:5).

"If we are doing the best we can, we should not become discouraged. When we fall short, as we do, or stumble, which we might, there is always the remedy of repentance and forgiveness."

(Boyd K. Packer, "A Defense and a Refuge," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 86)

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2007 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Can We The Doing

Nice quote. Recently our Prophet have clarified that when he said to do our best, he meant our VERY best. I think when we try our very best, we usually do not have regrets if something does not work out in the end.

9th Oct, 2007 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Doing The Best We Can Studies Doctrine Mormon

Great quote.

I think that this applies to All of our Father's Children of all faiths and backgrounds. That is why someone who does not have the teachings of the gospel, but lives his or her life to the best of their knowledge is blessed. That is why we have been counselled not to Judge others harshly, because another person may be doing the best they can with the circumstances that they are living in. And that is why those who have been given more must try to live up to the standards that we have been taught.

God is merciful and I believe he will judge us much better then we judge others or even ourselves.

> TOPIC: Doing The Best We Can

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,