No Cold Remedies For Infants

No Cold Remedies Infants - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Oct, 2007 - 7:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada, Canadian Health Canada is expected to issue an advisory warning people not to give over-the-counter cold and cough medications to children under two...
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2007 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

No Cold Remedies For Infants

HEALTH CANADA TO ADVISE AGAINST COUGH, COLD REMEDIES FOR INFANTS

Health Canada is expected to issue an advisory warning people not to give over-the-counter cold and cough medications to children under two and adjust labels to reflect the concerns, CBC News has learned.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/health/national/20...gh-warning.html

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2007 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

Infants Remedies Cold No

It seems that this is not just being publicized in Canada, but also in the US:

DRUGMAKERS YANK COLD MEDS FOR BABIES

After federal regulators and private doctors warned of potential health risks to children, drug companies said Thursday that they will voluntarily withdraw over-the-counter cough-and-cold medicines for infants and toddlers younger than 2.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...17977,00.html

Have any of you started to clear your cupboards? What will be the alternative now?

12th Oct, 2007 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

No Cold Remedies For Infants Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Wow, this is concerning. I know MOST cold medicines clearly state that should not be given to kids under two and the reasons are obvious, we are speaking about babies. I suppose we have to let the cold pass naturally if we have babies under this age.

Does this apply to meds like Panadol which is a pain reliever for kids?

12th Oct, 2007 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Infants Remedies Cold No

I do not recall giving out guys much at all until school age. The oldest was on a asthma drug and the second has a puffer. For normal colds we used vapour rubs cool mist vaporizer. Fever was the drug use and that was infant fever reducers.

One thing to note is what I was told by a doctor age is not the issue in any drug it is body mass. I do not know if I still have it but I did have a chart that stated amount of painkillers per pound so that the child was not running out to soon or being overdosed. You doctor should know.

I recall it being so many mg of the pain killer per pound then you had to check the actual pain killer for how many g per ml to calculate how many ml per pound to give the child. Worked real well.

Heck vets do this every day when dosing a dog.

Here is an example of what I am referring to.

Taking more than the recommended dose in any 24 hour period may cause liver damage. The maximum dosage per day is usually 4 grams (8 extra strength tablets of 500 mg each) for adults or 41 milligrams per pound for children.

This is an excerpt from the following web site.

https://www.fairview.org/healthlibrary/cont...acetamin_ma.htm

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Infants Remedies Cold No

Breaking News from ABCNEWS.com:

Federal Health Advisers Have Recommended That Cold And Cough Medicines Not Be Used In Children Younger Than 6

> TOPIC: No Cold Remedies For Infants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,