Gigantic Dinosaur Unearthed In Patagonia

Gigantic Dinosaur Unearthed Patagonia - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th Oct, 2007 - 11:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The skeleton of what could be a new dinosaur species — a giant, Patagonian plant-eater — has been uncovered in Argentina
15th Oct, 2007 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Gigantic Dinosaur Unearthed In Patagonia

One more to our collection. wink.gif Argentina is Dinosaur land with hundreds of discoveries like this one.

At more than 105 feet, it is among the largest ever found, scientists said Monday.

Scientists from Argentina and Brazil said the Patagonian dinosaur appears to represent a previously unknown species because of the unique structure of its neck.

They named it Futalognkosaurus dukei after the Mapuche Indian words for "giant" and "chief," and for Duke Energy Argentina, which helped fund the skeleton's excavation.

"¢ Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Evolution & Paleontology Center.

"This is one of the biggest in the world and one of the most complete of these giants that exist," said Jorge Calvo, director of paleontology center of National University of Comahue, Argentina, lead author of a study on the dinosaur published in the peer-reviewed Annals of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences.

Scientists said the giant herbivore walked the Earth some 88 million years ago.

Sponsored Links:
18th Oct, 2007 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Patagonia Unearthed Dinosaur Gigantic

It is always nice to hear of new finds. I am sure we have barely scratched the surface of the creatures that have roamed here.

18th Oct, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Gigantic Dinosaur Unearthed In Patagonia UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I think it would be great to be part of a discovery like this one. I have always had an interest in palaeontology. When I was a kid I would find an animal bone and bring it home and I would tell my mom that I had discovered a new species of dinosaur. She would take the coyote/cow/deer/javelina/miscellaneous bone and throw it away, telling me I was being silly and that I was going to catch something.

I guess it would be great to find a real dinosaur fossil out there someday.

> TOPIC: Gigantic Dinosaur Unearthed In Patagonia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,