We Need People

We People - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Oct, 2007 - 3:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A Business Perspective
16th Oct, 2007 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

We Need People

We Need People

No matter how big a business has become the owners must realize that it took consumers to make it happen and it will take each and every 'little' person that purchases the business' product to keep the business lucrative. Any thoughts?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3228 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2007 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

People We

You are absolutely right a business owner manager must remember that it was the consumers that made then and will keep then going. A business philosophy that I see more and more in very successful restaurants and service based industry also seems to be noting that a happy worker produces more happy customers. One of my customers told me how found that by treating his people with more respect and letting them have even more input as to how his business operates it seems he has more repeat customers (this is an Indian restaurant.). I also think the same theory can be applied in a manufacturing factory. After all who knows the flaws in you product or service better then those who are producing or giving it and hear the feed back from the clients.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

17th Oct, 2007 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

We Need People History & Civil Business Politics

Yes, JB. Any business relies on customers/consumers/clients to survive. What else would they do with their product and services? The cows and bears aren't buying anything. It would be good if more business people understood how to treat their customers better. Personally, I will buy more from someone who treated me well than from a business whose clerks, cashiers, and managers are rude and unhelpful - even if I have to pay more.

Krakyn, you are right about employees being treated better, too. This is the big secret to a great business, in my opinion.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

17th Oct, 2007 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

People We

You need some heavy boxes moved... are you going to do it all by yourself? Not likely, so you need someone to help you. No matter if you have a million dollars in your bank account you will still need someone else to be there for you when those boxes have to be moved. Now what millionaires capitalize on is that it is likely that there are on hundred people waiting for a job to move those boxes. However, how many of that one hundred will likely move it with care? How many of the hundred will not try to pry one of the boxes open to see what is inside?

Just to take the message up a notch... we need people

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3228 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Oct, 2007 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

People We

Assuming this millionaire is going to hire individuals to do the job he would need to think how he will insure the people hired are honest, work hard and how to insure they will not steal.

To prevent stealing best way to earn that individuals respect. This will also ensure that they work hard for you. Obviously a background check and referrals from previous employers will be required. This is only to eliminate the obvious criminal element that has applied. Through the interview process hopefully one will pick up a persons integrity through their answers including body language.

Now we have the select few hired and ready to work. How do I as an employer keep them motivated and honest.

One show you are not above them by getting dirty working beside them as you are a small employer and this is a nice way to get to know the people better, while setting the example you wish them to follow. This also allows you to know if any are getting too nosy.

The Obvious issue hear is a millionaire likely would not whish to get dirty. So you place one worker with a slightly better wage to be in charge and to keep the work moving. When hiring the people you would let it be known that this position is available and staff it from the applicants.

The foreman now must employ the values you deem important and your job is to ensure he does it in an acceptable manner. A nice way to check on this is bring in a round of coffee near break time, best just before and let them have a slightly longer break this way. Note if any tension is around and if so take the opportunity to discus it with the foreperson or with those involved, in a non intrusive manner. Ie walk in and just say hey Bob could you come and give me a lift in hear, I wish to move my desk a bit and it is heavy. Once details are sorted out deal with and resolve the issues. Also listen to your workers they may have better ideas how to move and pack the boxes based on previous experience. After all is this not why you hired them in the first place?

At the beginning let it be know that if all goes well and damage is at minimum there will be a bonus. let them know what the bonus is and the criteria they will need to meet. let them help in coming up with the methods of how to meet the goal. If they are using some of their own ideas they will be much more productive and committed to the process because they will have bought into it from the start. They will also know you value them as workers.

Sorry if this is not what you were thinking of JB. Feel free to remove it if I am way off base in the topic that you are actually pursuing here.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: We Need People

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,