Blacks Are Less Intelligent Than Whites

Blacks Intelligent Whites - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Oct, 2007 - 7:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
According to James D. Watson, 79, co-discoverer of the DNA helix and winner of the 1962 Nobel Prize in medicine
17th Oct, 2007 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

What do you think about the controversial statement by Mr. Watson?

One of the world's most eminent scientists has created a racial firestorm in Britain.

James D. Watson, 79, co-discoverer of the DNA helix and winner of the 1962 Nobel Prize in medicine, told the Sunday Times of London that he was "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours - whereas all the testing says not really."

He recognized that the prevailing belief was that all human groups are equal, but that "people who have to deal with black employees find this not true."

Acknowledging that the issue was a "hot potato," the lifelong Democrat and avowed secular humanist nonetheless said his beliefs were not an excuse to discriminate against blacks.

"There are many people of color who are very talented," said Watson, "but don't promote them when they haven't succeeded at the lower level....

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2007 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Whites Intelligent Less Blacks

" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours - whereas all the testing says not really."

First of all, I do not believe that this is true, but, and this is a big but, if it were true is there any way people could discuss this topic without being labeled racist?

I am wondering if Mr. Watson took into account the cultural,economic, or social problems that a certain population faces, rather then making the issue of intelligence a racial issue.

18th Oct, 2007 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Blacks Are Less Intelligent Than Whites Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

dbackers:

if it were true is there any way people could discuss this topic without being labeled racist?

I think it is possible if people are open-minded. Now I do not believe his statement to be true at all but is it racist to say blacks excel or are superior to whites in sports as an example? They certainly look like and I do not see that as racist.

18th Oct, 2007 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Fist I find the statement so general that he could be referring to Southern Greeks, just about any Caribbean country or Africa or just about any aboriginal people. So to me I think the whole line is a big load of fertilizer. I realize he was point towards Black africans and the "afro-american" but to me often the word "afro-american" is never correctly applied as not all dark skinned people come from africa.

If he is saying the people from poor black slums are not as well educated as the white Electrical Engineer in some Urban setting then yup I bet he is right. Not that one group is higher in intelligence just one group received more former education that we so love to grade intelligence on.

I am proud to say I am in a group of people that receive more racist remarks then many, that being an average caucasian male. We can do no right and can say nothing if any other groups decides to slam us.

"There are many people of color who are very talented," said Watson, "but don't promote them when they haven't succeeded at the lower level....

This is applicable to every single person in a company! Why would you promote some one who can not get the simple tasks done period. I grew up I was taught every one has their limits, so be content once you reach it. Seek no excuses for it, after all every job needs to be done and if you are doing what your best at, be proud of it and do your best.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 18th Oct, 2007 - 1:32pm

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2007 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Museum drops race row scientist

The Science Museum cancels a talk by American DNA pioneer Dr James Watson who claims black people are less intelligent than white people.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england...don/7050020.stm

19th Oct, 2007 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Not very surprized by this announcement and I am glad they did. I would like how ever to actual review his stats and raw data and selection criteria of his subject to see how his observation was made. I strongly suspect his IQ testing was slanted as was his selection of test subjects.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Oct, 2007 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Blacks Less Intelligent Whites

Aren't Asians smarter then us all (At least that is the Stereotype in the United States)?

I would not be bothered if different Races or Cultures had different innate abilities, but I do not necessarily think that is so.

But what if different races have different Intelligences? Is there any scientific evidence that could convince anyone of it if it were true. Scientists would slam the evidence as Blasphemous and shut down all debate. It is interesting how Science has created its own Dogma. If you disagree with the current "Articles of Faith" of Secular Science then you are ostracized. If you try to do further research into topics that science holds as inviolate or you contradict current theory then you are labeled a Heretic.

19th Oct, 2007 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Blacks Less Intelligent Whites Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Excellent point dbackers if some one did conduct a valid study and was able to prove this point no one would listen any how.

I was never under the impression Asians were smarter so much as very dedicated to higher education and were very disciplined in the art or learning.

Hard thing to do is take a person who is living in the same manner as a cave man and try to test then and compare it to a University graduate. The two have dedicated their lives to two completely different goals. How can this be done fairly I have no idea other then let them live in each others shoes for the same amount of time as they have the present life style then try to compare. Perhaps some one could explain this process to me as I am in the dark on that.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Blacks Are Less Intelligent Than Whites

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,