Search More Black People

Search Black People - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Oct, 2007 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

United Kingdom To control gun crime?
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2007 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Search More Black People

Call to search more black people

More searches of black suspects are needed to stop gun crime, the head of the Black Police Association says.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7054917.stm

Sponsored Links:
24th Oct, 2007 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

People Black Search

That is an incredibly bold statement because it saying that Blacks are the reason for the problem. I wonder what is the after reaction over this?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3226 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Oct, 2007 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Search More Black People History & Civil Business Politics

I am not sure that the person (Keith Jarret) from the National Black Police Association is saying that more black people should be searched. He is saying more young people should be searched

Mr Jarrett told BBC News 24: "It's not that we should stop and search more black youths. It's not just black people that carry weapons, white people carry weapons as well.

"I am saying the police service should stop young people because young people are the victims of, and the perpetrators of, a lot of these crimes."

It is his opponents that say that this will result in more black kids being searched, something that may be true, but was not the intent of the increased searches.

I do not believe this is a case of Racial Profiling. It is a case where Mr. Jarret is suggesting that we move away from racial profiling and focus more on the age of those people searched rather then their Color. It seems a reasonable proposition to me.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

24th Oct, 2007 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

People Black Search

Ah, good of you to catch that. I did not read the story and was going on New's title. People love to make much a do about nothing. However, his opponents MAY be right... Blacks do tend to be searched more than Whites, at least in the US, I wonder if it is the same in Britain?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3226 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Oct, 2007 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

People Black Search

I am conflicted on this issue.

I do not support racial profiling. But I also realize that if a suspect of a crime happens to be black/white/ hispanic that you would limit your search to that particular race and not search everyone. You have to limit your search order to be effective

So for general searches profiling is wrong,

But if you have concrete evidence that a particular crime was done by a particular race, then profiling is necessary.

Is it right to do any profiling in searches?
Example:
In Israel they focus searches on planes to young, islamic, men of a certain age because they happen to be a group that perpetrates certain crimes.

This is a hypothetical question:
Are there any groups that should be searched more because of a propensity for illegal action (youth,race, religion, dress, action)?

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

> TOPIC: Search More Black People

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,