House Guideliness

House Guideliness - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 12th Nov, 2008 - 6:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Nov, 2008 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

House Guideliness

I do not know how many of you heard about the Duggars. They're this Christian family who have 17 children and the mom is due with #18 on January. They have posted their house guidelines online and I thought they were so nice that I plan to print several copies and put it around my home as our own guidelines as well.

1.  Always use soft words, even when you don't feel well.

2. Always display kind actions and joyful attitudes, even if you have been mistreated. Have the right response by quickly forgiving others in your heart even before they ask.

3. Always be enthusiastic and look for opportunities to praise others' character.

4. Always deflect praise and be grateful to God and others for the ways they have benefited your life.

5. Always use manners and be respectful of others and their belongings.

6. Always do what is right, even when others may not, or when no one is looking.

7. Thank God for how He made you, for what He has given you and everything He allows you to go through. (Romans 8:28)

8. Don't mock or put others down. Develop compassion and pray for others.

9. Never argue, complain, or blame. Quickly admit when you have done wrong and ask for forgiveness (even if you were only 10% at fault). Don't wait till you"re caught. Be sure your sins will find you out. He who covers his sin will not prosper, but he that confesses and forsakes it shall find mercy.

10. Have a tough accountability/prayer partner to daily share your heart with and to keep you in line (your parents, spouse). The power of sin is in secrecy.

11. Be attentive and look for ways to serve others with sincere motives and no thought of self-gain.

12. Think pure thoughts (Philippians 4:8, Romans 13:14).

13. Always give a good report of others. Don't gossip! Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. (Use Matthew 18.)

14. Never raise a hand to hit.

15. Never raise a foot to kick.

16. Never raise an object to throw.

17. Never raise a voice to yell.

18. Never raise an eye to scowl.

19. Use one toy/activity at a time. Share!

20. Do your best to keep your surroundings neat, clean and organized.

21. Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don't go to bed angry or guilty)

22. Amendment J.O.Y. -Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.

Sponsored Links:
12th Nov, 2008 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Guideliness House

I think those are excellent. I especially like number 9 since it is human nature to look to blame someone immediately. We should make a large version and put it somewhere in our house.

12th Nov, 2008 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

House Guideliness Revealed Bible The

Yes I would like to print a big version and small ones for the bedrooms and around the house so we can see it everywhere we go.

Of course we do not know what goes on behind closed doors, but every time I see this family on the news or TV they truly look happy, they're soft spoken and the kids are extremely well behaved. I believe they follow this guidelines and they have achieved a harmonious home when they put God first in everything. They start their day right by sitting down in their super size table and reading a verse in the Bible and listening to their Dad's teaching. They use Proverbs and since it has 31 chapters, they use the one that fits the date. What a neat idea.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2008 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

House Guideliness
A Friend

Guideliness House

This is a real interesting family. I think the rules of the house are something that many can live by. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

> TOPIC: House Guideliness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,