Ban Boxer Shorts / Baggy Pants

Ban Boxer Shorts / Baggy Pants - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Mar, 2008 - 8:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
25th Oct, 2007 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

What do you all think about the mayor who wants to ban the showing of your boxer shorts being shown with baggy pants on mid thigh look in public?

Baggy pants that show boxer shorts or thongs would be illegal under a proposed amendment to Atlanta's indecency laws. The amendment, sponsored by city councilman C.T. Martin, states that sagging pants are an "epidemic" that is becoming a "major concern" around the country. "Little children see it and want to adopt it, thinking it's the in thing," Martin said Wednesday. "I don't want young people thinking that half-dressing is the way to go. I want them to think about their future."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
25th Oct, 2007 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Pants Baggy Shorts Boxer Ban

The showing of one's boxer shorts is very distasteful and I welcome the band, however I wonder about the aspect of freedom. Is boxer shorts indescent? If so, what about miniskirts?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

25th Oct, 2007 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Ban Boxer Shorts / Baggy Pants History & Civil Business Politics

I would welcome the ban as well! My boys don't wear the baggy baggy pants but they are loose enough that you can see their boxers and it drives me crazy--we implemented a rule they had to wear a belt and that I would not buy jeans that were bigger than their size--vs. my son who got a pair of size 40" and he is only a 34-36! (Unfortunately, those got lost somewhere-permanetly smile.gif

We explained there was a reason that they were called UNDERwear--because they are meant to be UNDER --not showing!

I agree with the mini-skirts as well. I went to get my six year old some clothes for school and almost everything, (there were some basic tee-shirts and sweatpants)
had some kind of advertisement to be the cool one in school with these certain fashions--and to me, they looked like a cross between a regular shirt and a lace nightie--the pants-ohhh, I won't even go there-needless to say, she is wearing a lot of tees and sweats! I almost have come to expect it in the teen fashions but coming in sizes as small as 4X girls?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

26th Oct, 2007 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

This is one of the things that I really dislike that has been exported by the US. I have lived in Japan and Taiwan now and see kids running around with their pants falling off their butts. How cool! Of all the great things that the US has to export and we give the world this garbage...Hip Hop Hurray!

With that said however, you can wear a bathing suit in public, so this is no different in my opinion. It is an incredible lack of good taste, but should not be banned. You want to look like a "thug" off the street, I salute your decision to express your individuality to look like everyone else who is expressing their individuality. However, if in ones desire to express their individuality with all the others and color choice for underwear that they get descriminated against, do not come crying for a law to force acceptance of your lack of good taste. Just enjoy your unemployability and frequent law enforcement attention with your extremely hip fashion.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 26th Oct, 2007 - 3:37am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

26th Oct, 2007 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Ridiculous to try to enforce what comes down to "fashion police" against "wanna-be thugs." I absolutely loathe the falling-down-pants look, but I respect the right to wear it. Government has no business telling people what they can or cannot wear. What's next? Banning tattoos? Bad hairstyles? Who decides what's decent or indecent? Absurd, in my opinion.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

28th Oct, 2007 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Really when I see it I just laugh to myself because it looks so ridiculous. I cant imagine making a law to ban it, they will have to start banning a lot of other silly fashion statements.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jan, 2008 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

I think it is important for us to examine who started this latest craze. Would you believe, prisoners? When anyone goes to prison, I believe that the jail apparel comes in three sizes: small, medium and large. So if a person is given apparel that is too large, obviously, the pants will fall below the waist. My question is, why do young people wish to adopt the fashion of a prisoner? Very tasteless and silly if you ask me!

I believe that the mayor is making a wise choice to implement a ban on oversized pants that reveals your undergarments. Are young people these days raised by wolves? What kind of parents would allow their children to walk around with their underwear showing or worse, their butts hanging out for all to see? Whatever happened to having respect for others as well as respecting yourself? If I had a three year old child, I would not want her to see a young man dressed in an oversized pants with his underwear showing. Or what about an eighty nine year old woman, going to the pharmacy to purchase her medication? Do you think it is right for a young man to expose himself to a senior citizen by not wearing clothes that fit properly? And what about going to a job interview? Do you think anyone will hire you with your underwear showing? I am shocked to read in the report that women go jogging with their jogging bras on! I am appalled! The world has definitely gone mad! I have noticed that women also wear these ridiculously low rise jeans. Why pray tell, would a girl want to expose her derriere to the world? There is no need to advertise your assets to everyone! This is simply unacceptable! My mother always taught me, Geenie, always dress to impress and not to excite and invite!

I think society needs to start focusing on loving and respecting themselves and not become slaves to fashion! Parents need to start behaving like parents. Parents need to instil good values in their children and stop allowing their kids to dictate to them, what they should and should not do. And most of all, the adults have to set a good example for the children to follow!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

14th Mar, 2008 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Ban Boxer Shorts / Baggy Pants Politics Business Civil & History

It is a refreshing change to see people concerned about the attire that young individuals are wearing today. The lawmakers in Florida, passed a bill yesterday, indicating that students could be suspended if caught wearing oversized pants in public. Good move Florida! Here are more details on this report:

https://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnough...333370820080314

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ban Boxer Shorts / Baggy Pants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,