Lds View Artificial Insemination

Lds View Artificial Insemination - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Oct, 2007 - 5:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
28th Oct, 2007 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

LDS View Artificial Insemination

What are your feelings about being a LDS View Artificial Insemination in the wider Plan of Salvation? Do you know the Church's position on LDS View Artificial Insemination?

Sponsored Links:
29th Oct, 2007 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Insemination Artificial View Lds

From an article titled, Essays on Science and Mormonism, Chapter 2:

A woman who was totally incapable of producing eggs could bear children produced by external fertilization of a donated egg by her husband's sperm and the implantation of the embryo into her uterus. This last procedure is much like artificial insemination by a donor, a procedure accepted by the LDS church but not encouraged.

Here is a link to the essay--https://www.signaturebookslibrary.org/harmony/chapter2.htm#biology

Rather off topic, but...
This is referring to questions that arise dealing with the body and soul with modern technology. I added it here because it did say that the church accepted but did not encourage the act

29th Oct, 2007 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Lds View Artificial Insemination Studies Doctrine Mormon

Well, the CHI says the usual open ended clause of it being a prayerful decision between the couple and the Lord (going from memory). AlaskanLDS, you did not say how you feel about it though. Some people feel it is playing with something that should be left for God to decide while others believe it is because of science provided by God these things are able to happen.

29th Oct, 2007 - 8:34am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (JB @ 28-Oct 07, 5:02 PM)
Well, the CHI .....

It took me awhile to realize this meant (at least I think it does!) Church Handbook of Instruction or something like that? Is that correct? For awhile I was wondering what you had that I was missing wink.gif

AlaskanLDS, you did not say how you feel about it though.

I was trying to ponder on what I thought about it. I have never been in a situation where that has been an issue for me personally--although as I thought about it, I have had a number of friends who HAVE been in situations where it could of been.

Your comment on some people believing that it is science that God has provided is where I would tend to lean. But then part of me says, it is not the natural way that we create children--so are we playing God? My mind then goes back to, if it were wrong, as in a definite thing we should not do, then the church would tell us straight out....(Wouldn't it?)

I do believe though, without a doubt, that a couple that is placed in this situation and that are open to the promptings of the spirit would know what was right. Not knowing the big picture, it is hard to say.

29th Oct, 2007 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

AlaskanLDS:

if it were wrong, as in a definite thing we should not do, then the church would tell us straight out....(Wouldn't it?)

Not really. In the past, the Church have given strong stands on certain issues related as an example to the intimacy between a husband and wife (check LDS Mature board) we do not hear that type of things anymore but more "is up to the couple and the Lord to prayerfully consider it". I do not wish to go offtopic but birth control is just one of those examples.

I think the Church now days would stand only in issues that directly attack the family, this is all my personal opinion of course.

I think there is a purpose for everything and if someone cannot have children there is one for that as well, I do not know the reason but I do have mixed feelings about it. At the same time, I think when you wish to be a parent and you cannot naturally have them, adoption is always available. Again, I do not have a firm stand on this issue.

29th Oct, 2007 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Some people feel it is playing with something that should be left for God to decide while others believe it is because of science provided by God these things are able to happen.

My wife and I were having trouble having children and after our third year of marriage we decided to use a fertility drug called Clomid. It seemed my wife had trouble ovulating, and we just needed a little help. (We now have 4 1/2 kids)

I am one that is on the side of God providing science to help bring children into the world. I do think things should be done as naturally as possible, but science in most cases is a great thing, and should be used if the normal way is not.

I think this is why the church leaves this up to individual couples.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2007 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
It took me awhile to realize this meant (at least I think it does!) Church Handbook of Instruction or something like that?

Yes, sorry that is the book. I should have used the full name as I am also one for not using any kind of abbreviation.

QUOTE (Dbackers)
after our third year of marriage we decided to use a fertility drug called Clomid.

A valid experience, but I do not know if I will put that in the same league with Artificial Insemination. Taking the drug may be seen like taking a vitamin or other medication to increase potential, but with artificial insemination you take away the natural process of physical procreation and have someone do it for you. The main reasoning is if procreation is so sacred should we have people 'forcing' it to happen outside of the act of procreation?

Personally, I do not have position on this.

29th Oct, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Lds View Artificial Insemination Mormon Doctrine Studies

The way I see it, God did not intend to make procreation a third party affair.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Lds View Artificial Insemination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,