Lds View Artificial Insemination - Page 3 of 3

Title: IUI Comments: Graced - You say that - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Oct, 2012 - 1:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2010 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Lds View Artificial Insemination - Page 3

Name: SAD

Comments: My hubby and I adopted a baby. We had the baby in our home for close to a month and the parents changed their minds and decided to parent. The adoption ended and we brought the baby back.

I am barely still breathing. People think there are tons of kids out there to adopt...we have waited at least 2 years for that child to come into our lives. Adoption is beautiful, but it is also emotional and very expensive (15K - 40K) for domestic adoption. Luckily the church has LDS Family Services that charges only 10% of your income for an adoption. However, there are over 1,000 couples hoping to adopt on the site. Clearly, not everyone gets the opportunity of having a birthparent select them for adoption.

Artificial Insemination is not the same thing as IVF. You are not implanting embroyo's in the body...only sperm. I don't see anything wrong at all with IVF. The bigger issue I see is whether to use a third party to create a child for a married couple. I fully believe that God gave us science to help those in need.

In the LDS church children are so vitally important. We don't get to take home our belongings or riches, only those to whom we are sealed.

Eve "sinned" in a way in order to follow the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth. I don't believe using a third party to create your family is a sin; although, it is different. But, if the couple is married and can provide children a wonderful life and teach those children the gospel the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth seems like it should outweigh the worries of whether it's "normal". It's obviously not normal, but it can definitely be answers to prayer for couples like me in this situation who have been trying so hard to adopt but are worn down from the ups and downs that adoption brings.

Ultimately, this is a choice between the married couple. No one can receive revelation for them except them. Until you have walked in the shoes of others it is so hard to understand infertility.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Aug, 2010 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Insemination Artificial View Lds

international QUOTE
Come to think of it, artificial inseminations usually involves the planting of four to eight embryos so you are even allowing the third party to decide a proabable number of children for you. Seems way out of nature for me.

I think that there needs to be some education on reproductive medicine. My wife and I did IVF, (Invetro fertilization) The above statement is not accurate. Artificial insemination is placing sperm in the womb at the egg. There is no creating embryos. That is IVF. And no they do not put in any amount of embryos that you request. It is not a designer baby. Generally speaking they only place 2 because the chances of getting pregnant do not increase after 2. This is only if you have the means, and health to have and care for twins if they do arrive. When you hear of stories of multiple births, generally it is because the embryos split after they are placed, thus twins are natural per say, not because they place multiple embryos in the woman. (Of course you do have some doctors that do like octo-mom, but that is not standard medical practice.You would loose your medical license if you placed 4-8 embryos)

I am not sure what you mean by way "out of nature", it is taking nature's process and making the conditions right. We went the adoption route, but it did not feel right. LDS children's services did not set well with us. It seemed manipulative with the birth mothers. (But that was how my wife and I felt.) As one poster said, it is not easy to adopt. It may takes years. And with most LDS adoptions, most birth mothers want an open adoption meaning they want a relationship with the child as a mother. There is nothing wrong with this, but it is something to consider, that you will have to not only take a child but the birth mother in the relationship. So that changes the family dynamics somewhat. These are all things that have to be considered when adopting that most do not realize.
Our only child came of IVF. It was a hard process, and very painful for my wife, yet we feel that it was what we were to do, and gave me a new perspective on life. It was one of the best decisions that we have made. For many IVF does not work. It is a very hard thing to live with if you cannot have children. Especially in a church who places so much value on them. So please be kind and non judgmental for those in your wards who struggle with this. As my wife says, fertile couples do not understand to burden that infertile couples have.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2010 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Lds View Artificial Insemination Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Maggie

Comments: I always thought that infertility is a curse but there are also blessings that can come from not being able to have children such as having more time for yourself, husband and the church.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2012 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Insemination Artificial View Lds

Title: IUI

Comments: Graced - You say that but your probably not the one experiencing infertility. People always have moral issues with science until they are the ones facing the negative.

You may also not consider that many times its science that maye caused the infertility issue to begin with.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Lds View Artificial Insemination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,