Using Disaster To Find Illegals

Using Disaster Find Illegals - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Oct, 2007 - 1:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Illegals California Wildfires California Wildfires
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2007 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Using Disaster To Find Illegals

The Forgotten Victims of the California Wildfires: Undocumented Migrant Workers

Andrea Guerrero of the San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium says law enforcement deported evacuees and checked identifications of evacuees fleeing fires.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/29/141205

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Illegals Find Disaster Using

One does have to feel for the hard ship of some of these families that are in the USA as Illegal immigrants. Though the authorities really have no choice these people knew the risk they took living they way they were so out they must go. I just hope they have family back where they cam e from that can help them now.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

30th Oct, 2007 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Using Disaster To Find Illegals History & Civil Business Politics

From the article:

The situation was exacerbated when, around midnight on early Wednesday morning, San Diego city police walked around the stadium, waking up families and checking for identification both to ascertain the identity of individuals and to ascertain that they were in fact evacuees from evacuated zones. Anyone who didn't have that identification that corresponded to an evacuation zone were asked to leave. This adversely impacted homeless people, those without proper documents and those who didn't have documents that corresponded to the correct address. So this affected mostly undocumented individuals, but it also affected other individuals, as well.

It is a tough situation. And I don't know what to feel about this. One side of me says there needs to be some order, some way to control and enforce the border.
I also am also concerned about families and I realize the difficulty of illegal immigrants in keeping a good family life if they are separated or have to live under the radar.

There will always be that conflict in my own ideas, and this article just points out the difficulties.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

30th Oct, 2007 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

What about those who may not have had time to gather documents but are legal US residents?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

31st Oct, 2007 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

I would hope Darkscribe that prior to anyone being sent back to the home country that the officials would be checking their own data base first. Maybe I am wrong but would not the federal system have a log of all immigrants to the USA?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Using Disaster To Find Illegals

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,