Lisa Williams

Lisa Williams - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 26th May, 2008 - 1:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Lisa Williams - Speak With Dead
Lisa Williams - Speak With Dead
3rd Nov, 2007 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Lisa Williams

Lisa Williams

What do you think about Lisa Williams? She has a program on Lifetime called, 'Lisa Williams: Life Among The Dead', where she picks people at random off the street and then speaks with someone who is dead and relates to them what they are saying. One thing that is interesting about her show is that she is very open and charismatic with people.

Lisa Williams
Lisa Williams (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2007 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Williams Lisa

I was looking online about what Criss Angel thought about Lisa Williams and others like her who make money by saying they speak with the dead, interesting enough he gave the same reasons I gave while on a conversation with my husband:

But what about the people on and off TV who claim to have supernatural, psychic powers, such as John Edward or the aforementioned Allison DuBois? I asked what he thought of them.

"In my opinion, all that stuff is a bunch of garbage," he replied. "They're trying to take advantage of the vulnerable and give themselves a platform to generate money based on taking advantage of people. Houdini spent pretty much half his life exposing these people."

Houdini, he added, went around "proving that psychics were basically charlatans taking advantage of the vulnerable."Psychics, Angel declared, "are the lowest form of scum in the world."

Harry_houdini_2 So why do people fall for it? Angel had two explanations. First, people like DuBois, Edward, Lisa Williams on Lifetime and Mary Ann Winkowski of "Ghost Whisperer" fame are accomplished at what is known as "cold reading." This, said Angel, "is a technique that's been around forever where the spectator, in their desire to know information, actually gives the information indirectly. But it's packaged in a way by the 'psychic' to appear that they are predicting the future and know about their past." (Psychic: "I'm seeing an 'M." Naive subject: "Yes, my mother's name is Mary.")

"When I'm meeting somebody for the first time...I understand just by looking at their mannerisms and the way they dress and the way they speak, I get a sense that I can read somebody. And I also look when I'm picking people out of a crowd who would be the best candidate to do this.
"

The other reason people swallow this stuff? They fall prey to their own emotions. "People have a tragedy in their life and they're so devastated that they want that connection. So these people (psychics) prey on their vulnerability. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is."

https://www.pastdeadline.com/criss_angel/index.html

This technique they use requires a lot of practice and with time they really become "pros". Anyone can do it.

24th Nov, 2007 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Lisa Williams Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

One thing I have wondered about her is that she asks the person if they believe first before giving a reading. What would happen if the person said they did not believe? As for Lisa I am kinda neutral about it.

26th May, 2008 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Williams Lisa

I think she just wants to know what she is working with. I have seen shows where the person did not believe and she asked "So why am I here then?".

What I was wondering is why does she always dye her hair in two colors especially with the lighter color on top. I was wondering if this is some kind of homing signal for the dead to communicate with her?

26th May, 2008 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Williams Lisa

QUOTE (RedSonja @ 25-May 08, 9:22 PM)
What I was wondering is why does she always dye her hair in two colors especially with the lighter color on top. I was wondering if this is some kind of homing signal for the dead to communicate with her?

Redsonja, this is what I found about it:

When Williams removes her hat, revealing her signature multi-colored spiky hair, it's her way of showing the spirit world that she is available for contact.

> TOPIC: Lisa Williams

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,