House Of Horror 2 - Page 14 of 30

First of all can we agree to start from here - Page 14 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Feb, 2008 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 30 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Share Book RPG - we try again.
5th Feb, 2008 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horror 2 - Page 14

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....pic=26598&st=16

Since we have been to the books here is a reminder.

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....pic=26914&st=24

This is what the pictures told us.

Just thought every one might like to see that as we wait for the rest of our crew.

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2008 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Horror House

Thanks for the tip it looks like those books reveal that we need to find a chrystal assuming that the books are a hint. The picture just tells us about Cassandra and that the count is immortal.

5th Feb, 2008 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horror 2 Archive Pathfinder / D&D

We started over? Sorry, I've been out of it for awhile. I read the links so just wait. I agree with taking it to where the man comes through the secret passage to get everything movin along.

6th Feb, 2008 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Horror House

(275)
The Count walks back into the room from a side hallway. "Once again, I ask for your pardon, my friend." You assure him that it was no trouble and he smiles before glancing down to his watch. "It is late, and in only a few hours you must be up. D"Onoffrio will show you to your room. Good night." You thank him again and then follow D"Onoffrio upstairs. The second story of the estate is a vast connection of hallways that are lit at regularly spaced intervals by lamps mounted to the walls. You pass several doors containing brass nameplates. At last, you arrive at an unmarked door at the end of a hallway. It leads into a cozy room containing a bed that is made with crisp, satin sheets. A small nightstand is a few feet away containing a mirror, a glass, a pitcher of water, and a small tub of ice. D"Onoffrio bids you good night and closes the door as he leaves. You lay your clothes by the bed and climb underneath the sheets. You can hear the sprinkling of rain outside the window as you drift off to sleep. Go to 21.

Seems all roads lead to 275 Since I posted the link to the Picture and book I will just continue from that reference.

(21)
You do not sleep well. Strange, disturbing images drift through your mind. You see yourself running in a black background, with hideous screaming sounds all around you. Then, there are a man and a woman in white robes, stretching out their arms and beseeching you to listen; although their lips are moving no sounds come out. Then you see yourself again. You open a door which only leads to another one; you open this to find still another. The doors only lead to more doors. Finally, you find yourself in the room of a house. There is a body hanging from a rope tied around its neck. The rope is attached to a fan spinning around and around"¦you step forward to find that the body is"¦yourself! Go to 160.

(160)
You awaken in a cold sweat. Your heart is pounding, and you look around wildly before remembering where you are. You take a deep breath and try to calm down. The sound of a light rain falling outside faintly reaches your ears. You lean over to the nightstand to check your watch - it is still a few hours before dawn. You lean back on your bed, thinking that perhaps the unfamiliar atmosphere has affected you. Yet, you can also sense that it is something more. But what can you do about it? Will you close your eyes and settle back down to sleep (157) have a drink of water and stay up for a little while longer (49) or do you want to get dressed and leave this room (326)?

Gothicnature and Hunter have already voted to leaving the room and then trying to break the door down and meeting the man that comes barging in.

But for the rest what do you wish to do at this point?

6th Feb, 2008 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Horror House

The Dice Master says...

Yes I agree, go through the process of catching the man trying to kill us, take his dagger and then go outside the door to explore this place normally. By the way, I think with this adventure we need to stay within the house for as long as possible without actually venturing down into the dungeon.

6th Feb, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horror 2

Jb makes sense so I'll run with that for now. Make sure we do not take that room with the weird desk.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2008 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

House Horror 2 - Page 14

(326)

You quickly dress and walk over to the door. You wonder if anyone else is up - but either way you plan to explore for a while. Something about this house seems odd, and you are determined to investigate. But a shock awaits you when grasp the doorknob: the room is locked! It seems as though your host isn't keen on having his guests prowl around. Will you pour yourself some water and think about the situation (49) undress and climb back into bed (157) or attempt to break out of the room (191)?

(191)
You take a running start and crash into the door. It shudders as you bounce back, clutching your sore shoulder - lose 2 Stamina points. You suddenly hear footsteps coming towards the room. You decide to stand behind the door and see who comes in. The footsteps stop in front of the door, pause, and then walk away. You are trying to decide what to do next when you hear a sound coming from inside the room. You turn around to find a panel against the wall sliding open. A few seconds later, a hooded figure steps through. It pauses, then takes a step towards the bed. It suddenly stops and you realize that whoever it is, he is now aware that there is no one in the bed. Will you continue to observe (31) call out to the figure (234) or attack (119)?

(119)

Whoever the figure is, he certainly doesn't mean you well, trying to sneak unnoticed into your room. You decide to try and subdue him first and ask questions later. Having made up your mind, you rush the figure and knock him into the wall. The cowl flops back to reveal a man with pale white skin and thinning hair. You pin him to the floor and demand to know who he is and why he was trying to enter your room unnoticed. At first, he struggles ferociously, but you grimly maintain your hold. Finally, he stops. "Stranger", he rasps, "perhaps you are wiser than the other souls who have wandered into this house, or perhaps you have merely postponed your own death. At any rate, I am one who follows his order, and his orders, to the best of his abilities. Now I have no love for the master, and so I"ll give you some advice." His voice becomes a whisper. "This is an evil place. There are unimaginable horrors within these walls. Escape if you may. Or, if the spirits attempt to convince you that you can defeat the master, and you are foolish enough to believe it, just remember this - Orion wears a silver belt. Now," he continues, his voice back to normal, "Kill me if you must, or set me free. I can give you no more information." Your head is swimming with all that you have learned. You stand up warily, and the man reaches into his robe and pulls out a dagger, which he gives to you. "One more thing," he says, as he knocks on the wall and a panel slides open. "Do not attempt to follow this passage. It will only lead to your death. Leave by the doorway." He lifts his head as a soft whispering fills the air. "Yes, they have already come for your aid. Little good it will do them, I"ll wager." He snorts derisively, then disappears into the wall as the panel slides shut. Remember to adjust your Skill stat. The sound grows louder and you turn around. Go to 371.

(371)

A shimmering blue light is slowly brightening the center of the room. Within the light, the features of a middle-aged woman are slowly taking shape. She is dressed in a white robe and has light hair and ghostly blue eyes with no pupils. As the light fades, the apparition comes into focus. You never believed in ghosts - until now. The situation is very unnerving. Add 2 Fear points. She examines you solemnly for a few moments, as if sizing you up. "Stranger," she begins, in a voice that sounds like the rustle of leaves, "you are in a cursed, unholy, evil place. Pravemi, your host, has welcomed you into his home, but little do you know of the evil in his heart. This house consumes all of those unfortunate enough to find themselves within these walls. We are powerless to destroy it, but one such as yourself, with what little aid we may provide, might succeed. Will you help?" Will you, out of the goodness of your heart, agree to help (11) or are you happy enough to escape the house with your life (236)?

(fyi we end up at section 378 in the hall if we just run)

(11)

"Bless you," she responds, beaming at your answer. "Now, this is what you must know. This entire house serves evil, Pravemi being the high priest of the order. To defeat him, you must find a very special weapon, which is in a hidden room. You must find the location of this room and the password required to open it. Be on your guard at all times. There are supernatural and infernal elements in this house. Not all is evil, however- there are those who would help you". Her voice begins to fade. "Have courage!" she cries. "Be selective of the areas that you choose to explore! Look for the cast--""¦she is cut off in mid sentence as she begins to fade away. The door to the room swings open. You step into the hall. If you have encountered the hooded man, go to 324. If not, go to 378. 

(324)

You suddenly remember that the man entered your room from a secret panel in the wall. If you wish to locate this, go to 130. If not, you exit the room. Go to 378.

Now here we go again standing with 2 fear points and a dagger that brings our attack back up to 10. Yes and 20 stamina points.

JB and Hunter wish to head back into the halls. Do the rest agree as JB mentioned check out the house then the mysterious path ways. I ask as if this is your wish if we find a path in a closet I will ignore it and continue the adventure.

For instance we look in the closet see a door. So we would just check the rest of the room and head back to the hall, and so on. I am just a guide and will offer what I think you already know or notice any trend I will mention them. This book seems to have many parallel paths some good, some useless I think. Big Item I have noticed is the chapter tags some times they use the same option but deliver you to different results. One can only see that through the chapter number. We also seem to see different options ending with the same chapter number, I assume the difference is a piece of information you might find.

I am starting tonight with my two boys on this tonight, lets see if we can make it through before them! My oldest is a detail freak so we might be challenged here.

7th Feb, 2008 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

House Horror 2 D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 14

The Dice Master says...

First of all can we agree to start from here if we die again (all three lives)? That will save repeating the same choices? Is that okay with you Krakyn? As for choice, we can do everything else but go down the secret passage.

Rather off topic, but...
How old are your boys again?

> TOPIC: House Of Horror 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.