Woman Survives Internal Decapitation, Recovers

- Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2007 - 9:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A Colorado woman who made national headlines earlier this year after suffering an "internal decapitation" in a car accident
3rd Nov, 2007 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Woman Survives Internal Decapitation, Recovers

This is truly a miracle. I am glad she is alive and recovering.

In January, Shannon Malloy suffered "atlantooccipital dislocation," also known as an internal decapitation.

The injury occurred when the force of her head hitting a car dashboard separated her skull from her spine. Since then, she's undergone six surgeries and has more ahead of her.

Doctors were able to fuse her skull and neck together using a halo, which came off in April. But she still suffers head movement and swallowing problems.

The crash also damaged the nerves that controlled Malloy's eye position, making them crossed. One surgery attempted to straighten them but was unsuccessful...

Sponsored Links:
3rd Nov, 2007 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Recovers Decapitation Internal Survives Woman

WOW-that is incredible. It is amazing what doctors can do these days. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through that. I thought it was nice that she had a goal for the future--Reading the last Harry Potter book! It is incredible how goals like that will keep looking toward the future.

3rd Nov, 2007 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Woman Survives Internal Decapitation, Recovers Health & Special Psychology

Poor thing! Her whole life was "dislocated," not just her head. Modern science is a miracle, isn't it? And good for her to be looking forward, rather than bemoaning her fate.

> TOPIC: Woman Survives Internal Decapitation, Recovers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,