Servant Forced To Eat 100 Chili Peppers

Servant Forced Eat 100 Chili Peppers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Nov, 2007 - 2:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A servant who worked for a millionaire couple charged with modern-day slavery testified Monday in excruciating detail about the punishment she says she endured for minor transgressions such as sleeping late.
6th Nov, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Servant Forced To Eat 100 Chili Peppers

This is absolutely disturbing! I hope they find this couple guilty and they get the highest sentence for this kind of crime.

Samirah, an immigrant from Indonesia, said she was forced to walk naked from the servants' room to the kitchen and to eat 100 chili peppers, followed by six spoons of chili powder mixed with salt water. She said she vomited after eating the peppers and was told to eat the vomit.

The testimony came at the trial of Varsha Mahender Sabhnani and her husband, Mahender Murlidhar Sabhnani, who run a worldwide perfume business out of their home on the north shore of Long Island.

Prosecutors say the couple severely abused Samirah and another Indonesian woman, Enung, who were brought to the United States to work as housekeepers, then held against their will and repeatedly beaten and starved.

Samirah testifed that the alleged abuse she suffered was for such misdeeds as sleeping late and eating from the trash "because I wasn't given food."

"I said, `Mrs., just send me home to Indonesia,"' Samirah said.

Defense attorneys contend the housekeepers engaged in witchcraft and may have abused themselves as part of an Indonesian self-mutilation ritual - an assertion Samirah denied...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Servant Forced To Eat 100 Chili Peppers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,