Four Arms & Four Legs

Four Arms Legs - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Nov, 2007 - 8:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2007 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Four Arms & Four Legs

India surgery on many-limbed girl

Doctors in India begin separation surgery on a two-year-old girl with four arms and four legs.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/s...sia/7080326.stm

Sponsored Links:
6th Nov, 2007 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Legs and Arms Four

I was just reading that in this girl's village people consider her a "goddess" and her name Lakshmi, is named after the four-armed Hindu goddess of wealth. It seems like she absorbed the limbs of a twin that never developed. Here are some pictures, they are very graphic for those who are very sensitive:

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308439,00.html

6th Nov, 2007 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Four Arms & Four Legs Health & Special Psychology

I am very glad that the hospital can help this beautiful little girl. I can not believe the people could believe a "goddess" would be born with such misshaped appendages and unable to walk. I hope she recovers and has a full life, not hated and despised by her village because of the operations.

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2007 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Four Arms & Four Legs
A Friend

Legs and Arms Four

What is wrong with those people? She has every right to have an operation. She is a little girl, not a goddess.

7th Nov, 2007 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

Legs and Arms Four

Was just reading about this and thought I would post the update-I am glad that it was successful!

Girl separation surgery a success

Separation surgery on a two-year-old Indian girl who was born with four arms and four legs has been successful, doctors say.

"Lakshmi is stable and sound," the doctor leading the operation, Sharan Patil, told a news conference which was shown live on television channels across India.

"She has withstood the operation, she is safe and doing well," he said.

Lakshmi is still on ventilation.

"We will keep a close watch on her for the next 48 to 72 hours and won't move from the hospital until she stabilises," Dr Patil said.

More than 30 doctors "worked relentlessly through the night to make the operation successful," he said and added that there was "no setback at any stage of the surgery".

Dr Patil said he was "optimistic about the child's survival".

7th Nov, 2007 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Four Arms & Four Legs

This is an interesting report. The doctors' explanation for the girl's four arms and four legs was, an undeveloped, headless conjoined twin had merged with Lakshmi's body. On the other hand, the villagers and her parents regard Lakshmi as a gift from god. Instead of scorning her, the parents chose to give her the name Lakshmi after the goddess, Mother Lakshmi. The villagers accepted her as their own goddess Mother Lakshmi and the parents saw her as the perfect child, in spite of her extra arms and legs. I was reading another report which indicated that the child had a beautiful spirit and was loved by the entire hospital staff. She was described as a fun loving, warm and friendly little girl. I am so glad that the operation was a success. I hope she survives. Only time will tell.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Four Arms & Four Legs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,