Teen Hires Hitman To Kill Parents Over Playstation

Teen Hires Hitman Kill Parents Playstation - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Nov, 2007 - 2:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Nov, 2007 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

I can only imagine the pain and suffering of these parents, what caused this child to behave in the way he did? Sounds like a lot of anger to me.

WASHINGTON -  Like many middle-class, suburban American parents, Shannan and Joey Troiano worried about their son's behaviour and his bad grades at high school. And like many wayward teenagers, Cory Ryder was grounded for weeks at a time, had a PlayStation confiscated and was banned from watching TV.

Less typically, this 16-year-old was plotting to murder his parents by hiring a hitman, while his mother was organising a sting operation involving a police officer posing as a contract killer.

Cory's trial is scheduled to begin today at the circuit court in St Mary's County, Maryland. His mother is expected to testify as a witness for the prosecution.

At an earlier court hearing Mrs Troiano, 35, explained how her emotions were torn between being an agonised mother and a murder victim. "I miss him being at home," she said, "and I miss us joking around and kidding around. And then in the very same breath - I don't know what this kid will do, because it's not my son. That can't be my little boy sitting there."

Mrs Troiano remembers the night on June 2 when she discovered that the vague threats her son had made were serious. A woman Cory trusted, the mother of one of his friends, took him to a hotel room where he met an undercover police officer pretending to be a hitman.

At home in southern Maryland, Mrs Troiano told her husband that Cory would never go through with it and began frantically tidying the house, according to an account in The Washington Post yesterday.

After a few hours" waiting, the policeman called: Cory was in custody and would be charged with attempted murder. Mrs Troiano fell to her knees in the bathroom she was cleaning and burst into tears...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2007 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Playstation Parents Kill Hitman Hires Teen

Woah, that's the weirdest story I've seen in some time.
The parents must be so upset.

6th Nov, 2007 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Teen Hires Hitman To Kill Parents Over Playstation History & Civil Business Politics

Similar to a story I watch recently on most wanted. Only difference is the other boy killed all but the father.

Way too much spoiled child syndrome in this world and one must suspect how much drug use was involved in the boys life. Just reminds us all how much we really do need to teach our children to come to us with their problems and help them deal with them.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

6th Nov, 2007 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

I used to think that way until God blessed me with a special needs child. A lot of these kids have serious mental issues that have never been treated properly, a lot of them also come from abusive households and the truth is no matter what the parents may say or friends and neighbors that speaks usually about a "perfect family" only those within the household know the truth. In few words, removing the possibility of any medical condition, most kids like that act in this manner based on serious issues within the home.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Nov, 2007 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Bad situation. Sounds like mom has pretty well given up and it is obvious that the kid still has some resentment towards the step father. I cannot pick it up from the story, but I suspect that he is the only child from the first father. Someone really needs to determine if he is a threat, because if you think he was capable of bad things from having his playstation taken away...imagine his disposition after being confined to a cell with no playstation and crappy food.

One thing I was trying to figure out was...was the mother of the friend actually trying to help and was fooled by the officer too or was she in on the setup?

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 7th Nov, 2007 - 4:16am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

7th Nov, 2007 - 7:51am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Vincenzo @ 6-Nov 07, 8:00 PM)
...imagine his disposition after being confined to a cell with no playstation and crappy food.

I was thinking the same thing. If he could have these reactions for consequences of his behavior what could he do next? I see a lot of anger in the generation of teens now and a lot of disrespect for parents.

One thing I was trying to figure out was...was the mother of the friend actually trying to help and was fooled by the officer too or was she in on the setup?

I was also wondering about the friend--

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Nov, 2007 - 9:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teen Hires Hitman Kill Parents Playstation

Cory insists that he never intended to have his parents killed and that he wanted to call the police that night in the hotel room.

I'll bet the little SOB has regrets, he regrets that he was caught. What type of person tries to put a hit out on his own family. For that matter how did he know where to go to get a hitman!

A judge sentenced him to supervised probation and his parents attended no less than 36 meetings with the authorities about him.

36 encounters with the police! I can't blame the mother for suspecting her son might do something like that. With some people it's only a matter of time until they end up in prison. I hope his stay puts things into perspective for him, if not he'll probably be in big boy prison within months of getting released.

7th Nov, 2007 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Teen Hires Hitman Kill Parents Playstation Politics Business Civil & History

I agree LDS_forever and Vincenzo who knows what brutal thing occurred behind the closed door of that home. He most certainly had major issues but he has to answer for the crime. Just be nice if his time served is rehabilitation in a halfway house so he can heal.

Rather off topic, but...

I see a lot of anger in the generation of teens now and a lot of disrespect for parents

You said a mouth full there Alaskan LDS but I will look for a thread on this.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Teen Hires Hitman To Kill Parents Over Playstation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,