Priest Jailed In Stalking Of Conan O'brien

Priest Jailed Stalking Conan O' Brien - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 8th Nov, 2007 - 11:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Nov, 2007 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Priest Jailed In Stalking Of Conan O'brien

Priest Jailed in Stalking of Conan O"Brien
By BRUCE LAMBERT

A priest from Boston has been charged with stalking and harassing the talk show host Conan O"Brien, law enforcement officials said last night.

The suspect, David Ajemian, was arrested on Friday when he tried to attend a taping of NBC's "Late Night With Conan O"Brien" program at Rockefeller Center, the police said. The priest is being held in jail for a court-ordered psychiatric examination, and is due back in court tomorrow.

Court papers quote from menacing postcards and letters - at least some written on a parish letterhead - that Father Ajemian is alleged to have sent to Mr. O"Brien's home and television studio for more than a year. The letters continued even after the priest was asked to stop, law enforcement officials said.

A Feb. 20 letter said: "I"m told by some of those officious little usher people that you"re overbooked. Is this the way you treat your most dangerous fans? You owe me big-time, pal. I want a public confession before I even consider giving you absolution."

An April 26 letter, signed Padre, said, "I am not Seung Cho," apparently alluding to the gunman at Virginia Tech. The letter continued: "Even if I did once look out on that dark and dreaded doorway on West 72 Street, remember Frank Costello once dodged a bullet in your building, and so can you." The gangster Frank Costello was shot and wounded in the lobby of the Majestic on West 72nd Street in 1957.

The priest said in his correspondence that he had followed Mr. O"Brien's career since they both attended Harvard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/arts/08c....html?th&emc=th

I wonder if they get people "stalking" them with violent tendencies often? Obviously there are always over zealous fans but this sounds pretty freaky!

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2007 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

Obrien Conan Stalking Jailed Priest

AlaskanLDS, I think they do. Now the interesting about this article is that this guy is a Priest! shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> I wonder how the Church feels about him, obviously he has mental issues. </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

> TOPIC: Priest Jailed In Stalking Of Conan O'brien

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,