Acer Laptop

Acer Laptop - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Sep, 2007 - 6:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Review 5570Z
26th Sep, 2007 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Acer Laptop

Acer Laptop Reviewed - 5570z

I just got this and found that it was an amazing deal for the price, especially considering the price locally. This one comes with the following specs:

Intel Pentium 1.73
I Gig ram
160 HD
DVD Burner
Lan / Wireless / 3 USB

The screen is only 14", but because of the wide view and bright screen you really do not notice the difference.

I like that the keys are black and the metal hardware is silver coated - makes for a pretty cool looking laptop.

The touch pad takes some getting used to but I would have preferred a ball. I use a USB plugin mouse so there is not much of an issue there.

I am pretty happy with it, but there are some questions:

1. The fan at start blows strong and then goes whisper quiet. This seems to be normal, but shouldn't it blow harder? I am thinking of getting a fan base because of the temperture of the Caribbean and because I will be using it as my main computer.

2. What is too hot for the CPU? I am using Speedfan to track CPU temp which is now at 54 C degrees . On the desktop I would not allow it to pass 50 and often use an array of fans for it.

Sponsored Links:
26th Sep, 2007 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Laptop Acer

Hi JB I used to work on chips and could only recall very high temps, that was back in 1988. I found this cool site it seems that thye know what they are chatting about take a look.

https://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?...t=maxtemp.shtml

Scrool down a bit there us a pretty good list of operating temps.

26th Sep, 2007 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Acer Laptop Gaming Video & Issues Computer

That is good list and would actually serve well on another Thread I had about cooling, but it is not a laptop CPU list as the heat in laptops is a bit different. I am actually going to start a Thread for a Notebook cooler I bought for my Acer laptop, but I do not see a difference.

26th Sep, 2007 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Laptop Acer

OK I thought the CPU was the same regardless which it was installed at PC or laptop. I would think they had better run at same temp which means the laptop better have more airflow to accommodate the close quarters it lives in. I will have to check out the link, though my home laptop never gets enough on time for a real issue of heat to develope.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 26th Sep, 2007 - 4:53pm

26th Sep, 2007 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Laptop Acer

I will be using my laptop regularly now, so my concerns for heat are warranted. Some said getting a Cooler would help (I opened a Thread for that), but I did not think so. In checking online I have found many who complained about it heating up. Most of the heat tends to be around the left side of the keyboard where the fan blows. The vents on the Acer laptop are pretty well placed unlike the old IBM notebook I used to have that was sealed like a coffin.

27th Sep, 2007 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Acer Laptop

Just one side of the laptop is hottest then perhaps you could modify the casing in that area to vent it more. Might be real tricky as your space in the case is so limited.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2007 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Acer Laptop

I have managed to get it down to 51 degrees by adjusting the power and performance to balanced rather than high performance and it seems to be working out well. I rather not open any more vent in this laptop because I am afraid of more elements attacking the computer, but it is a good tip to keep in mind should I become desperate (have not reached there yet).

> TOPIC: Acer Laptop

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,