Ray Charles

Ray Charles - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Feb, 2011 - 1:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2004 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ray Charles

Popular musician Ray Charles has died.
Ref. https://www.CNN.com

The first child of Aretha and Baily Robinson was born in Albany, GA, on September 23, 1930. "you hear folks talking about being poor," Charles recounts. "Even compared to other blacks. . . we were on the bottom of the ladder looking up at everyone else. Nothing below us except the ground." It took three years, starting when Ray Charles was four, for the country boy who loved to look at the blazing sun at its height, the boy who loved to try to catch lightning, the boy who loved to strike matches to see their fierce, brief glare, to travel the path from light to darkness.
Ref. Read More....

Ray Charles
Ray Charles (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
11th Jun, 2004 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Charles Ray

I heard this on the news just before I left work today -- I couldn't believe it! He will certainly be missed. What a great talent.

Roz

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Ray Charles Sports & Fashion Music Movies

According to Wikipedia, "Ray began to go blind, becoming totally blind by the age of seven. Charles never knew exactly why he lost his sight, though there are sources which suggest Ray's blindness may have been due to glaucoma."

21st Jan, 2007 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Charles Ray

From what I have learned it seems that Ray Charles Robinson was the one who started placing what could be considered as a sexual tone to his music - something unheard of before. Of course that is nothing now compared to what you hear so direct from the likes of 50 Cent and so forth, but nevertheless he was the founder as it were.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2011 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Ray Charles
A Friend

Charles Ray

I still miss him to this day. What an amazing role model. Can you believe he was that talented even if he was blind? One of my role models growing up.

> TOPIC: Ray Charles

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,