Your Responsibility As Parent End At The Door?

Your Responsibility Parent Door - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2008 - 6:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

When Church is a big babysitting service
20th Jul, 2008 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Your Responsibility As Parent End At The Door?

When I was reading this article I could not stop shaking my head in agreement on what I personally see going on in Church. As a mother of three young children, I cannot comprehend when I see parents leaving their kids running and sometimes yelling the halls unattended while they are attending classes, when they drop their kids to Primary and just forget about it even though they have been told their kids disrupt the class and it would be good if they can stay in the class but they never do. What about those who see the kids all over the pulpit, eating, sometimes touching other's property and just looking at them without making no attempts to take them!

Is it that some parents just see Church as a big babysitting service and their responsibility ends at the door because "someone else will watch my kids for me today"?

What are your thoughts?

https://www.splendidsun.com/wp/its-a-jungle...alls-at-church/

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2008 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Door The End Parent Responsibility Your

We have more of a responsibility when our kids act like idiots. I feel personally obligated when one of my sons get out of line and I support the teacher in any way to let my child know that while he is in a primary class, that the authority figure at that point is the teacher.

I am not saying that the teacher has become the parent, but as the son of a school teacher I have the opinion that when we ask another adult to teach our children, then we must allow the teacher to be an authority. If my child does not respect that authority, then I need to do some one on one discussion with my kid.

I love my kids, but I know they are not perfect (far from it). I know that when they disrespect their teachers, then I have to take responsibility and work with my child (family night, after church, sitting with him) to teach him the importance of respect and listening to authority.

22nd Jul, 2008 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

Your Responsibility As Parent End At The Door? Studies Doctrine Mormon

My responsibility as a parent never ends. I believe there is direct correlation between parents who abdicate their responsibility and children who act out in inappropriate ways during church or other church sponsored functions. Children thrive on attention from their parents. They will do whatever it takes to get that attention, even if it means acting out in appropriately.
All children act out at times. It is normal for them to test the boundaries of what is allowed. The problem comes from children who are just allowed to run wild with no adult intervention whatsoever. These kids can cause mayhem at church or other activities. This behavior is a reflection on the parenting the children receive.

> TOPIC: Your Responsibility As Parent End At The Door?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,